PDA

View Full Version : make -f Makefile.dist Errors

Demonize
05-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Im getting the following error when I do the:

make -f Makefile.dist

Adding libtool support......................................make[1]: *** [no-backup] Error 127
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks for the helping me with this

fester
05-31-2003, 06:37 AM
This was last asked on 5-22-2003.

There is a button named "search". If you press it you will find this answered many times. Along with the once a week "I don't understand the word, search, what does search mean? How do I fix this problem also?" posts.

I will help you with part of it (I really shouldn't, as you should have learned this in 2nd grade):

Main Entry: 1search
Pronunciation: 's&rch
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English cerchen, from Middle French cerchier to go about, survey, search, from Late Latin circare to go about, from Latin circum round about -- more at CIRCUM-
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 : to look into or over carefully or thoroughly in an effort to find or discover something: as a : to examine in seeking something <searched the north field> b : to look through or explore by inspecting possible places of concealment or investigating suspicious circumstances c : to read thoroughly : CHECK; especially : to examine a public record or register for information about <search land titles> d : to examine for articles concealed on the person e : to look at as if to discover or penetrate intention or nature
2 : to uncover, find, or come to know by inquiry or scrutiny -- usually used with out
intransitive senses
1 : to look or inquire carefully <searched for the papers>
2 : to make painstaking investigation or examination
- search·able /'s&r-ch&-b&l/ adjective
- search·er noun
- search·ing·ly /-chi[ng]-lE/ adverb

I can not help you solve this problem because you certainly DID NOT try.

QuerySEQ
06-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Just FYI, (every search that was done concerning this error brought up ALOT of responses, but no answers)..

So.. to answer..

If you get the *** [no backup] Error 1, when doing a make -f Makefile.dist,

Check to make sure you have the right libraries installed, and all the requirements. could be as simple as going to ftp.gnu.org and downloading the latest version of libtool.

I do all my updates by src, I dont play with RPM's a whole lot.

I had that problem once. just made sure I had the requirements, turned out I didnt have a good version of libtoolize, so.. just got the latest libtool from ftp.gnu.org, downloaded, compliled and installed it..

then went into my showeq,, did make -f Makefile.dist and it worked.