PDA

View Full Version : Winex

lenster
05-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Bear with me, I'm an oldtime showeq user who stopped using it during the time gcc3 was not required and now I'm trying to get back into it.

My basic problem... I'm running winex and showeq on the same computer and I get nothing in showeq.

I've done the search for winex in terms of using ShowEQ and Winex.

o There are multiple references to some thread that I cant access. http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1991

o Seems like there was a patch in Nov/Dec 2002 that allowed the same machine to use showeq and winex but /shrug it doesnt seem to work for me

o In addition, there is a reference to getting a working key sniffer for showeq which isnt necessary with the current showeq according to the faq so these threads dont seem applicable.

Does anyone have a current winex working with showeq on the same box?

Also, one more bit of information, the winex/showeq box is behind a linux NAT firewall if that matters.

-Len

Mapfiend
06-01-2003, 03:21 AM
try http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1991

The forum switched locations sometime before I came back.

lenster
06-01-2003, 04:53 AM
While I appreciate the link for the thread, the information in that thread is way too old to be considered useful. What was more useful was digging through previous patches including one that talked about how it fixed showeq for winex(version 4.34 of showeq).

From that patch that I grabbed from the sourceforge site I saw that there was a patch that seemed to adjust the criteria for rejecting packets. Apparently, before the patch showeq was rejecting any packet(source or destiniation) whose port number was greater than the LoginServerMinPort(which has a value of 15000) . After the patch a LoginServerMaxPort variable(value of 30000) was defined and only packets that had ports(src or dst again) between LoginServerMinPort and LoginServerMaxPort were rejected.

In today's source, the LoginServerMaxPort was changed to 15010 and the code to determine whether or not the packet is a loginserver packet is here

if ( ((packet.getDestPort() >= LoginServerMinPort) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() >= LoginServerMinPort)) &&
((packet.getDestPort() <= LoginServerMaxPort) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() <= LoginServerMaxPort)) )
return;

On a lark, I decided to just remove this code and allow showeq to not reject login server packets and voila it works.

What's strange though is that using tcpdump, it seems that EQ on winex is not using ports 15000 to 15010 after I login and yet apparently the packets are being rejected? What am I missing here?

-Len