PDA

View Full Version : LibEQ is not needed now, would ShowEQ compile on a Mac ?

Mezme
06-02-2003, 09:21 AM
Hi,

LibEQ is a binary and the source was not available. That used to make ShowEQ impossible to compile on a Mac OSX machine. Now that it is not needed, it their anithing else that would stop me from trying ?

I have all kind of Unix / Linux based stuff running on my G4. I am not asking how to do it, just if someone know that it is impossible.

TY

user387
06-02-2003, 09:36 AM
should be possible.

Cryonic
06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
endianess of the system is still going to cause problems. Intel systems are little endian, Alpha and PPC are big endian.

scoman
06-03-2003, 10:19 AM
C64 .. TI-99 .. TRS-80 Model 1

hehe .. Lets get REAL crazy ..

IBM SYSTEM/3 ... 96 Column Punch Cards ?:rolleyes:

:p

fester
06-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by scoman
C64 .. TI-99 .. TRS-80 Model 1

hehe .. Lets get REAL crazy ..

IBM SYSTEM/3 ... 96 Column Punch Cards ?:rolleyes:

:p

Are you crazy? Those systems would never work, since they do not have the required MIPS to paint the screen and process the packets.

BlueAdept
06-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Since 70 PS2s make a supercomputer (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2940422.stm ) how about having a SEQ machine out of only a couple of them :)

Fantastik
06-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Cryonic
endianess of the system is still going to cause problems. Intel systems are little endian, Alpha and PPC are big endian.

If Coded correctly, there should be litle or no edianess issues. If there currently are, adding a wrapper with correct file types would fix the problem. (read, it should be a problem, if it is, it shouldnt be that hard to fix it)

casey
06-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Fantastik
If Coded correctly, there should be litle or no edianess issues. If there currently are, adding a wrapper with correct file types would fix the problem. (read, it should be a problem, if it is, it shouldnt be that hard to fix it)

the problem with endianess is that the eq data itself comes in little E, so no translation is needed on intel systems, it would just take some calls in the packet handler to byteswap that data. Note that iirc, its only the EQ data that is little, the EQ header is in network order (big).

of course, my data is old, so verify it before its used :)