PDA

View Full Version : Heads up patch on the 11TH

Kimbler
06-04-2003, 01:37 PM
http://eqlive.station.sony.com/updates/upcoming_updates.jsp

datadog
06-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Just logged in to the Test server. SEQ was working with the current CVS.

Here's hoping it stays that way!

:)

S_B_R
06-05-2003, 11:51 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they have finally decided to leave SEQ alone..........

I can dream, can't I? ;)

Ratt
06-05-2003, 02:47 PM
What's the point of fucking with SEQ anymore?

I think Sony has learned it's lesson... MySEQ and LEQM have proven exactly what I said would happen. The key sniffer is exactly what I said would happen...

You can break SEQ's passive method with strong encryption, but it won't stop SEQ from being used. Threats of banning be damned, people by the droves still used it... and in the process they brought many more people into the SEQ community via Windows than would have ever found it had they left the status quo.

Like I've always said, the bottom line is... no matter what they do, the data is there at the client. If the client can decode it, then so can anyone else. What's the point of obfuscating it to the degree they did? As recent history has proved out, it's just not worth the effort.

Nstalkerga
06-11-2003, 06:26 AM
vote Ratt for new head of Everquest design.

devnul
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Really the only one who wins is Ratt.

SEQ doesn't win, because it was better when 'the compromise' was in place.

EQ doesn't win because pandora's box has been opened.

Ratt wins because he get's to be proven right.

Not that I would have done anything different if I were him, and the morons at SOE thought because, in a sense Ratt had been PROTECTING them from the flood, they didn't see the threat and thought it didn't exist so they thought it was possible to stop it.

It's clearly not possible to stop it totally. And the very popularity of their product mandates that attampts to make it difficult will be overwhelmed. The day SEQ or things like it are successfully defeated is the day that not enough people care becasuse they have lost too much market share.

Pride. Hubris.

Idiots.

dn

shortie
06-12-2003, 02:40 AM
i agree
that Ratt is the only one that partially wins as he has been saying it
for at least 2 years that I can recall and it happened. I really appreciate
what you did and tried to do Ratt. Thanks to you and the gang for all
the hard work that you did.

Tymper
06-12-2003, 08:37 AM
Yep A few hours of playing after yesterdays patch and SEQ crashes soon as I try to enter world or if i start it up after Im in world soon as i zone it crashes :(

Thom_Merrilin
06-12-2003, 08:54 AM
There's a patch for this already...

Tho it's not in CVS yet.

check this thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3627