PDA

View Full Version : Exp window broken?

Shakar
06-08-2003, 09:27 PM
For some reason my experience window isnt updating anything at all when I kill mobs, using the latest version from CVS... any ideas? I tried searching but didn't see anybody else with the same problem, I tried setting my character manually and it didn't give me anything either, any ideas?
Thanks

Ice
06-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Same for me, i cant get melee parsing to work either.

Dedpoet
06-09-2003, 06:42 AM
I know you guys don't want to hear this and I really usually don't "flame" here. Shakar, you said you searched? What did you search on? I searched on "exp window". The first hit is this topic and the very next hit is dated last week and asks the exact same question.

Anyway, what the other post would tell you is that the data opcodes and structures are not entirely correct from the last big patch yet. There are people that work on these and post them as they find them. CVS gets updated when the new information is confirmed. Your options are to be patient and wait for everything to get worked out, or to dig in and help to work it out yourself.

Shakar
06-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Weird I searched for that exact string as well, must have missed that thread. Ok good to know I'm not the only one with the same problem. I'd love to dig in and help but work is keeping me down right now =(

gruefood
06-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Darn. I was hoping to see the difference between the exp in the planes and after it was nerfed.

Lyroschen
06-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Another note,

To the best of my knowledge, SOE still only sends XP updates when it creates movement on your XP bar. So, once the XP window is "working", you'll see 0 experience for several kills, then one kill with a chunk of XP. If this has been changed, let me know. The XP window is still good as a guage over a span of time, when it's working, but not for analysis on a kill by kill basis.

Samefudge
06-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Lyroschen
Another note,

If this has been changed, let me know. The XP window is still good as a guage over a span of time, when it's working, but not for analysis on a kill by kill basis.

Unless you zone, IIRC.

uncleubb
06-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Did zoning update the xp window? I thought I had to look at the console window and figure out the xp change by hand on zone or relog. Maybe I'm wrong though.... it has been a while since xp window functionality.