PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-09-2003, 12:29 PM
I started trying compiling this for the first time Thursday or Friday of last week, so I'm new to this:

What does work:

Names of players and NPCs, tragectory and velocity of both, spawn point locators, spawn time locators (once learned) (all once I zone once).

What doesn't seem to work for me yet:

Everything that does work when I first load (but zoning once will get them working).

itemdata file is said to be not found

Get a message when I start saying it is in Broken mode due to missing libEQ.a file.

I've tried searching around and have not seen answers that has helped me yet.

So questions that I have:

libEQ.a - is this something that is read in at compile time, run time, both? Where should it be located? C lib path, executable path, source path?

What is the common problems with getting itemdata working?

(I have a feeling both may be related, but have no real clue here.)

Thanks for your help.

GanjaSeqUser
06-09-2003, 12:53 PM
1. You need to load seq before you zone, or just zone after loading it... That's normal, it has to read info from when you zone to get everything setup afaik.

2. I get this error too, imagine there is a problem with creating the new file, and since most ppl have one already it's not an issue for them. Only reason i say that is that the ppl saying that they are getting that error seem to be new installs.

3. Pretty sure this is a legacy message from when libEQ was required. I compiled w/o it and compiled with HAVE_LIBEQ hardcoded in just to see what happens. Get the same data with and w/o.

Just wait till new opcodes/structs are found and i imagine most problems will go away.

S_B_R
06-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Firstly, you must zone before SEQ will start to decode, or start SEQ before you log into EQ and it will decode as soon as you are ingame. The reason for this is the data defining the starting state of everything in the zone is only sent when you zone, from then on only changes to that data are sent.

Basically it sounds like your SEQ is working as well as can be expected at this time.

uRit1u2CBBA=
06-09-2003, 01:55 PM
ok. So that the libEQ.a thing isn't even used anymore?

And there is nothing that can be done about the itemdata.dmg?

Just checking.

Thanks for the confirmations that I have to zone first.