PDA

View Full Version : Is the status REALLY green???

jesterbam
06-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Well the status says its GREEN.. I assume that means if you do a normal update you get aworking version but I have done the normal update and I get the Seg Faults folks are refering to in the other forums.

So should the status really read "GREEN (with a little tweaking)".. don't mean to be a smartass I am just trying to determine if the problem is on my end (I have done something wrong) or is the current CVS update really not funtional following the traditional CVS refresh that normally works fine.

If it is the "GREEN (with a little tweaking)".. then I will persue that fix.

If it really is GREEN then I will probably blow everything away and do a fresh install.

I noticed the tar file in the files section is dated 4-17-2003 so I have my concerns about it functionality being that old.

uncleubb
06-12-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm sure you can figure this out by reading through the various forums. Perhaps Yellow would be a decent status indicator at this point with respect to the CVS version. Just apply Thom's patch for now and wait for someone to put together a CVS'able patch for Ratt to include.

I think the concept behind the status indicator is that if SEQ is working at all, GREEN otherwise RED (those being the only two options). I also believe that the ShowEQ Status box is not a replacement for reading through the forums and keeping abreast of what is happening in development. That would probably let you know that there are some continuing concerns and lingering issues to resolve with respect to various aspects of the SEQ program despite the "GREEN" status.

Thom kinda jumped on the last guy who posted a link to the thread with his patch so I'll leave it up to him to post in here if he wants.

-uu

jesterbam
06-12-2003, 11:05 AM
What I suspected. Hopefully a patched version will go up that really is green so folks will not be confused.

I know when it was red and some one ask if SEQ was working they got hammered.

Now that it says GREEN and really is not GREEN I suspect more will be asking.

Hope they read this first :D

Thom_Merrilin
06-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Nah, I only jumped on that guy, cause all he did was post a link to the thread when a link was a couple messages above his.

Oh, and even tho I made the patch file, the true credit is not mine...

Zoolander is the one who made the structs and gave basic directions. I just made it a bit easier for people to use.

S_B_R
06-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Status should probably be YELLOW

BlueAdept
06-12-2003, 12:04 PM
I think we should adopt a color scheme similar to the Terrorist Alert system in the US. Below is what each color for the terrorist alert system is and below that is what each SEQ color is:

Green-Low Risk of Terrorist Attack
Blue -Guarded; General Risk of Terrorist Attack
Yellow-Elevated; Significant Risk of Terrorist Attack
Orange-High Risk of Terrorist Attack
Red-Severe Risk of Terrorist Attack

Here is SEQs version.

Green-Cheat your heart out, SEQ is working!
Blue -Broken on Test, SEQ working, but Sony is up to something.
Yellow-SEQ needs a patch to get it to work. Sony was at it again.
Orange-High Risk of a Sony attack on SEQ. Nerfage imminent.
Red-Full fledged attack by Sony! SEQ broken. Retaliation patch in the works.

uncleubb
06-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Heh, I like that BA.

Only problem: ten billion topics asking what does "Blue" status mean.... ;)

AnotherCoreDump
06-13-2003, 08:04 AM
You forgot one state, BA:

Black - SEQ did finally die, Sony did win.

:)

BlueAdept
06-13-2003, 08:31 AM
There are only 2 ways that sony can/will win. That is if they incorporate ALL of seq into the client (even then it may continue because it is a lot better having it on 2 monitors) or Everquest ends.

As Ratt said, there is no way to hide the data that is sent to the client....it may mean requiring something to pull the key from the client, but it cant be hidden.

About the best they can do is change the client so that it only is sent the stuff in a radius around you, but then you develop other problems (ghosting and the like (as if it isnt bad enough now)). It would also screw tracking by rightfull classes.

Cryonic
06-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Either tracking has been moved server side or something is causing a delay in the Track window that didn't used to be there. Used to be hit track and with no delay the window came up with a list of mobs. Now, hit track and the window comes up after a noticeable delay.

S_B_R
06-13-2003, 02:54 PM
That's been there quite a while actually...

A couple months now I guess according to The Rangers Glade (http://forums.interealms.com/ranger/showthread.php?threadid=21325&highlight=tracking+window+delay)