PDA

View Full Version : SEQ Mapping bug

IgorVT
06-13-2003, 09:34 AM
I know this should probably go under the Mapping section of the SEQ forums but I figured the devs probably read this section more then the mapping =)

Anyway, I found a problem with the mapping code when I was going about updating some of my maps. The problem is that the Locations would not show up on the map when I created them. When I saved the map file, it would save the location to the file but the color would be saved as "NULL". It finally dawned on me to dump the map info and sure enough here was the output:

[MapMgr]
DefaultLineColor:
DefaultLineName: line
DefaultLocationColor:
ImageLoaded: 0
MapLoaded: 1
MapFileName: /usr/local/share/showeq/Nexus.map
ZoneShortName: Nexus
ZoneLongName: Nexus
boundingRect: top(-491) bottom(432) left(-479) right(488)
size: width(968) height(924)
ZoneZEM: 75

As you can see the Default Location Color is blank (ie NULL). In addition, the Line Color variable is also null but that is also the same problem as the Location Color. The Line color is easy to fix, just open up the "Line Dialog" box and press ok then Save Prefs. That will fix that issue but you can't do that with the Location Color :( Therefore, I tracked it down to the "seqdef.xml" file and herein lies the problem.
If you look in the showeq/conf/seqdef.xml file (from current cvs) you will notice the following:

<!-- ================================================== =========== -->
<!-- Map Manager Options -->
<section name="MapMgr" >
<property name="DefaultLineColor" >
<color name="gray" />
<comment>Default color for new lines</comment>
</property>
<property name="DefaultLocationColor" >
<color name="white" />
<comment>Default name for new locations</comment>
</property>
<property name="DefaultLineName" >
<string value="line" />
<comment>Default name for new lines</comment>
</property>
</section>
<!-- ================================================== =========== -->

The "color name="white"" tag is what is causing the problem. For some reason, SEQ isn't loading the value into its settings. A quick fix is to change it to read <string value="gray" /> and then it will load it correctly but I know thats just a hack job. You can also see that the same applies to the <color name="gray" /> under the Line color.

I'm not exactly sure where it loads this in so I wanted to post this hoping that one of the devs could fix the problem.

The <color name=??? /> tag is used elsewhere under the Map 1 prefs:

<property name="GridLineColor" >
<color name="#194819" />
<comment>Color of grid lines</comment>
</property>

and that shows up in the map dump:

[Map Parameters]
MapLineStyle: 0
ShowMapPoints: 1
ShowMapLines: 1
ShowGridLines: 1
ShowGridTicks: 1
ShowBackgroundImage: 1
GridResolution: 500
GridTickColor: #e1c819
GridLineColor: #194819
BackgroundColor: #000000
HeadRoom: 75
FloorRoom: 75
OptimizeMethod: 1

So the problem is probably something simple to fix :)

Snoochie
06-17-2003, 02:13 PM
this bug been around since switch to xml configs. i fixed it once long ago but gave up cause i'm too lazy to refix it every time i cvs update.

use in game map editor and then converter. bug has existed for 2 years. it's not going away.

Cryonic
06-17-2003, 03:08 PM
edit the needed files, make a diff and submit it to the patches section. That's the best way to try and get things fixed in SEQ.

Shakar
06-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Just out of curiosity where is the patches section and how would I submit something there? Tks

monster69
06-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Patches section -- On the left side of your screen, under the Section "Main Menu", under the title "SEQ Patches"

Monster