PDA

View Full Version : what if my client cant see my server machine?

Howdy
06-13-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm on a router, client is 192.168.1.101 and server is .100 - client can't see server machine, can't even ping it, any ideas why not?

Thanks for any help.

datadog
06-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Are the IP's static?

Gateways set correctly?

Subnet Mask correct?

What kind of network betweent the two?

Same router/hub/switch ?

Wireless?

Can you ping anything from either machine?

Start by checking the network settings on both machines. Then ping the default gateways and work your way out.

dd

BrianW
06-16-2003, 01:07 AM
if you have a LinkSYS router, try going to 192.168.1.1 and then going to Advance? orange background link, and then going to FORWARDING and then insert
..APP.................Port.............TCP?......U DP?.....IP.........ACTIVE?
myseq -- 5555 -- 5555 -- [ X ] -- [ X ] -- 100 -- [ X ]
i believe those are the right ones, cant really remeber
NOTE: i do believe 5555 is the default port for MySEQ, cant exactly remeber if it is or if i changed it, look under OPTIONS -> Options in MySEQ
into the boxes respectively and then save that and see what happens
although i'm pretty sure this is not needed (cant remeber if this fixed it for me or not?) also if youhave a Firewall, you'll have to grant access for your client computer to connect and do whatever on ur server computer

but make sure your using the correct IP's
to find out just goto Start -> RUN -> insert "command" into the box and when the dos window comes up type "ipconfig" and get your IP

BUT... try all that and see what happens, if it dont work post back and we'll see if we can figure something else out

LordCrush
06-16-2003, 02:33 AM
borken cable ? ;)