PDA

View Full Version : Buffs when login/zoning patch

Shakar
06-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Well for anyone who is interested in knowing how much time is left on their buffs and stuff when you login and or zone, here is a patch for it. A big advantage of this is if someone is using focus items it will increase the duration beyond what the spdat file has listed, and currently SEQ is not implementing that, but with this patch if you zone or camp/relogin youll have a pretty accurate time assessment of the buffs duration. useful for when you login and need to know how much longer KEI is gonna last =) Sorry its not the greatest coding job but I wanted the feature so I did it. Enjoy.

(oh and btw there are some bugs with the current charprofile struct on CVS.. the spellbuff struct location is in the wrong place)..

Any bugs/comments/questions lemme know

--EDIT

Fixed the patch, should include things only relevant to this feature now.

Shakar
06-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Oh and the countdown time will be a little fast because they send you the duration left at the beginning of the zoning process but dont start the clock on it until your done zoning, so there will be a gap time there based on how fast your machine zones etc.

And if you get a segfault do a gdb trace for me, i was getting those when i first was testing this patch so i loaded up gdb and they went away =( anyway lemme know.
-Shakar(Halcyon)

user387
06-16-2003, 12:47 AM
next time please make a unified diff... that's what most people work with

there's a lot of information in this patch that's not related to what you are trying to do, like the changes to logger.cpp and player.cpp (most of it).

If you want this patch applied, you should clean it up.

for the rest, nice patch looks ok.

Shakar
06-16-2003, 06:32 AM
-

mudtoe
06-21-2003, 09:22 AM
I tried to apply this patch and got the following errors:

[root@RHEQ root]# cd /usr/local/src/ShowEQ-4.3.8d/showeq/src
[root@RHEQ src]# patch < diff.txt
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file everquest.h
Hunk #2 FAILED at 177.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 773.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 781.
3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file everquest.h.rej
patching file interface.cpp
patching file player.cpp
patching file player.h
patching file spellshell.cpp
patching file spellshell.h

Could this be because I have the other patch applied which addresses the crashing problem when zoning, and the offsets are now different?

mudtoe

Shakar
06-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Ya that looks like struct differences in everquest.h.. just look at the code in the diff and make sure the player char struct buffs struct is in the same location and the buff struct is the same and everything should be fine, the other files patches successfully.

anonymoose
08-28-2003, 01:36 AM
bump...

now that zap is back could you redo your diff file with only the stuff needed to add the zone buff functionality to seq please. it is a nice feature but the diff has some other stuff and I am too lazy to try to do it manually

Zaphod
09-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by anonymoose
bump...

now that zap is back could you redo your diff file with only the stuff needed to add the zone buff functionality to seq please. it is a nice feature but the diff has some other stuff and I am too lazy to try to do it manually

First of all, it's Zaphod (or if you must abbreviate, just use Z or Zaph). Zap causes flashbacks to when I used to fix power supplies (big capacitors) and lasers (High voltage coils to drive HeNe tubes).

I'll see about integrating these changes. They sound quite useful.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)