PDA

View Full Version : Msg: Decryption disabled! Hm, am abit confused!

Wishbringer
06-17-2003, 07:15 AM
First off all, i did search forums, read FAQ and so on and am (was for month ago) an user who got SEQ working more then one time.

But atm am abit confused about a message when starting SEQ.
SEQ states that ShowEQ was build with decryption disabled. period.
Ok, went back to ./configure and saw that it did a search for libeq.a and didn't found it and maybe so script disabled it.
BUT, as i know, we don't need libeq.a anymore, it's in sourcecode.
My first thought was, hm, a screwed version off my sources and did a fresh new cvs download (all deleted before), but after compile i still get this message at startup again.

Dedpoet
06-17-2003, 08:09 AM
The error message you are getting is out of date. Decryption works, but you will still see the message so you can ignore it.l

What you didn't say was whether or not SEQ was working. Is it working and you are just getting a message, or is it not working and you think this may be why?

LordCrush
06-17-2003, 08:25 AM
I remeber a post from Ratt somewhere, where he says that the msg comes from that part of the code that is used if the decryption perhaps would again be broken by SoE and SEQ runs in GPS Mode and for that he will not remove it. I think it looks for the libEQ.a that is not needed anymore and if it is not present that warning is generated... I have not looked at the code for this only guess

Wishbringer
06-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Can't try out at moment if it really works.
My hub said that it was time for him to go to a new world and my current supplier has at moment a hard time to get me a real new hub, not only a downgraded switch.

So i only compiled SEQ to stay at stand of art, didn't tested it, only was surprised by message.