PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ on EQEmu

Glasswalker
06-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Hello there,

I am one of the people that only enjoys eq with some kind of mapping... I am also one of the people who can no longer afford to pay sony to play anymore... So I play avidly on the emu servers... they are actually getting quite good (almost caught up to eqlive)

Anyway...

The problem is getting myseq to work with the emu client... now my understanding is that the emu only uses an older version of the official client... And as far as I know they have encryption code in the server now... so I should just have to find the offsets...

My question is: is there anything you can offer to help me find offsets? I know you can find them by hexediting the eqgame.exe right? if so, what are the 6byte signatures I need to search for to find each of the offsets needed? I can do that no problem...

The structures may be different, so I would need to know how to identify that data too...

Also, I am assuming that in the ini file:
[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=7832272
CharAddr=7737324
SpawnHeaderAddr=7737264
TargetAddr=7737336
ItemsAddr=7737268

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NameOffset=1
XOffset=88
YOffset=80
ZOffset=92
HeadingOffset=76
SpeedOffset=100
SpawnIDOffset=328
TypeOffset=308
ClassOffset=322
RaceOffset=336
HideOffset=320
LastnameOffset=248
NextOffset=228
LevelOffset=316

[GroundItem Offsets]
NameOffset=220
XOffset=212
YOffset=216
ZOffset=208
SpawnIDOffset=8
NextOffset=4

all those numbers that are under 1000 I am assuming that they are offsets inside a structure? so they are offsets from the initial offset for the whole struct?

Anyway, any info you could provide would be tons of help... thanks so much :)

Glasswalker
06-20-2003, 10:23 AM
Wow... does nobody have any idea on this one?

Come on, someone must have made it work at some time... (they kinda hint it in the faq)

I have learned from the eqemu team, that they use an older client, but it does have the encryption routines in it... (they call them the older encryption routines though) Also, they said that the server allways sets the encryption key to 0 no matter what... So could we not simply add that into the seq sourcecode somehow? or something???

Just a suggestion, I am still digging for answers...

(oh and my previous idea about debugging the current versions does not work using the offsets as a guide, cause they are memory offsets. I need to know what 6 byte sig to search for in memory, then I can use w32dasm to search for it...)

Anyone that can help will be greatly appreciated... And I am sure the thousands of users of the emu will thank you too!!!

Thanks

Mr. Suspicious
06-20-2003, 01:13 PM
The (very) old version of the EqEmu client has completely different memory structures then the structure of the current client.

Like: night and day, difference.

cavemanbob
06-20-2003, 06:56 PM
The offsets in the last 2 sections are the offsets to the data from the beginning of the structure. There's a really good description of how to find offsets on the macroquest boards, I'd suggest having a look at that, it's probably a better explaination than I could do. ZoneAddr, CharAddr and SpawnHeaderAddr and the spawninfo offsets are most important ones.

Glasswalker
07-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Could you by any chance direct me to that post? I am having some trouble finding it... I dug through their forums but found nothing useful on offset finding (just lots of posts with current offsets)

Thanks

cavemanbob
07-02-2003, 11:05 PM
http://macroquest.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2205