PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting this?

EQAddict
06-19-2003, 03:35 AM
RedHat 8 / QT3.5.1

spawnshell.cpp: In member function `void SpawnShell::updateSpawns(const
spawnPositionUpdate*)':
spawnshell.cpp:661: warning: int format, different type arg (arg 3)

during compile.

doesn't stop it from compiling. But ShowEQ is not stable on my system.

Thanks,
EQAddict

EQAddict
06-19-2003, 03:38 AM
Sorry.

fester
06-19-2003, 05:21 AM
warning: int format, different type arg:

This literally means that whatever is on line 661, the third argument to that function is supposed to be an int, but is some other type of variable.

This may or may not be a problem.

Can you put up your line 661, it seems to be a blank line in my src tree? Also look at the third argument and include its declaration.

Cheshire_Dragon
06-19-2003, 10:38 AM
I am getting this as well. I have no idea for how long because I do not watch it in the 25min waiting for SEQ to compile but, last night I saw several different types of this same error. It was not just in spawnshell.cpp and like your system, it keeps compiling but, will get the occasional crash. I am running RH 7.2 with QT 3.1.1.
I personally don't think its causing a problem because I am still getting the same crash errors that have been going around...
"WARNING: CharProfileCode (006b) (dateLen:3926 !=sizeof(charProfileStruct):14302)!" etc. etc...

EQAddict
06-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Yeah I saw the same error blow by in another file... And ShowEQ crashes randomly on me also... runs for about 2 minutes or less.

It crept up about 2 releases ago. ShowEQ status was RED for a long time, then went Green... This is when I noticed it.

Not sure what other file the error occured in....

I will look up line 661 tonight and post it.

adenine!
06-24-2003, 03:48 PM
That warning isn't the reason for ShowEQ crashing; it's because the struct CharProfileCode is not properly defined. The fixes posted on the board should work fine until someone fixes it in CVS.