PDA

View Full Version : 6/20 ShowEQ Broken on test

Darkhearted_Wiz
06-20-2003, 08:52 PM
We patched at this afternoon. Skittles are gone, decode is broken. It's not loading zonemap or anything.

WARNING: NewZoneCode (00f0) (dataLen:10 != sizeof(newZoneStruct):578)!

map errors.. tried to load "??@$ .map"

WARNING: RemDropCode (00fe) (datalen:310 != sizeof(remDropStruct):10)! times about 20(roughly).

some

"error: size > left" stuff, and then I logged.

How can I provide better info to help fix this?

P.S. It's detecting SEQClient closing(zone changse and ogging) and also when a new zone loads. Not picking up cast codes however. DataLength errors in DoorSpawn and basically everything I've done. Will try exping a bit and edit in results.

Amadeus
06-20-2003, 10:06 PM
structs have probably changed...it happens all the time.

Zoolander
06-20-2003, 11:51 PM
See this: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3671

Darkhearted_Wiz
06-22-2003, 12:27 PM
A bit more info:

There have been some changes to the way corpses are being displayed, it looks like. Any PC corpse past its resurrection time shows as a blue +(NPC corpse), any PC corpse still ressable is the yellow box(PC corpse).

Not world shattering, but a minor annoyance.

Zoolander
06-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Could just be an opcode numbering problem.

I suspect on Sony's side they're in an enum and nobody knows or cares what the actual value is. That would explain why they were all (well, mostly all, one was the same) reduced by one on test versus live.

I only renumbered the ones I could easily generate packets for, or that conflicted with a known good number. I'm sure there are a ton that are still bogus.