PDA

View Full Version : Client crashing 1.13

Blind Aviator
06-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Just upgraded the client and server here & now client locks up when trying to start it.

I removed the old client directory completely & unzipped a fresh copy... Start it up, set the IP to server and when I push the GO button it locks up... I hear a constant beep coming from the Motherboards on-board speaker and I have to ctrl+alt+delete and end task to get control of the system back...
The server has message "Incomplete Send!" when it happens...

At that point I deleted the 1.13 directory & unzipped the 1.12 into a fresh directory... It ran perfectly without changing the server...

All systems running Windoze XP Pro SP1a..

Any suggestions??

Blind Aviator

preman
06-25-2003, 09:45 AM
The problem you are having is with the filters.conf file. This file contains the text that the client monitors and the beeps are the alerts, very likey you see everything with a circle around it if you wait long enough. Simply restore your orinigal filters.conf file before going online, or if your original also has every mob name under the sun then make your own as I did. I only care to be alerted for the mobs I am after anyway. Any ascii editor will work.

Ciao.

cavemanbob
06-25-2003, 11:03 AM
I've uploaded a new zip with a properly formatted filters.conf file, try grabbing it again.

Blind Aviator
06-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Thx that took care of my problem completely..