PDA

View Full Version : Still doesn't work, help appreciated

snoopman41
06-26-2003, 10:10 AM
hi,

after last patch breaking decode, i waited some days,
then get the last cvs version and compiled a fresh version.
The new version does not decode. (note that the old version just crash).

So, after looking in the forum, i found this patch : http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3627

i applied it, compiled again (cleaned old .o etc..), but it still does not decode anything .:(

where am i wrong ?

Dedpoet
06-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Was it ever working for you in the past? That would eliminate any netowork possibility issues. If it hasn't, then maybe you have something set up wrong. With the patch you mention, the CVS version should work just fine, and it has since 2 EQ patches ago.

Basically we need more information to help you. You're asking if you're doing anything wrong, but really not telling us what you're doing.

uncleubb
06-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Dedpoet is aweful nice not to ream you out for posting a help question in the development forum...

Control, control you must learn control!

Mr. Suspicious
06-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Basically we need more information to help you.

5 bucks that his next reply will state his PC's equipment, operating system, ammount of ram and video card make.

snoopman41
06-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Dedpoet is aweful nice not to ream you out for posting a help question in the development forum

yup, sorry for that mistake, i was reading the patch thread when i posted and forgot to change forum.

Was it ever working for you in the past?

Sure, worked great before last everquest patch.

I have no network troubles, no special message are displayed during the configure, some warning on the console when it runs,
i just would like to know if this procedure is ok :

-1 getting a fresh version from cvs
-2 patch with the indicated patch (see previous link )
-3 compile/install etc.. then run

Note :
I get the src dir from a friend and i made a fully functionnal version, the difference is that he didn't get a fresh version from cvs before applying the patch.

Dedpoet
06-27-2003, 07:41 AM
I get the src dir from a friend and i made a fully functionnal version, the difference is that he didn't get a fresh version from cvs before applying the patch.

There is your problem. The patch in the link you posted must be applied to fresh cvs or it doesn't work properly. Since the patch affects some pretty core network code it just won't work if it's not done this way.

snoopman41
06-27-2003, 07:58 AM
The patch in the link you posted must be applied to fresh cvs or it doesn't work properly

that's what i did, made a new showeq dir and downloaded a full new cvs version, then applied the patch.
-> does not decode zone/spawns, decode movement

my friend just passed the patch on the sources that were functionnals before the last eq patch, he didn't downloaded the last cvs version.

I'll try to make some diff to check out what's wrong with my old sources (which should be last cvs ones).

thanks for your help.