PDA

View Full Version : Help please

javin
06-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Ok things have changed since i last used SEQ.

Ive complied Everything This morning on Redhat 9 program is Done. But i cant find the EXE to start Showeq. what is the extention path to start it. Ive done all the FOllowing and now im at a stop point Please help.

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout

cd ./showeq/src

cp libeq.h libEQ.h

cd ..

make -f Makefile.dist

./configure

make

make install

javin
06-27-2003, 11:41 AM
THis is a Fully new and CLean Install of Linux. and again the above syntax is what i entered.

Jel321
06-27-2003, 11:46 AM
try going into the showeq/src dir and typing ./showeq from the console window.

btw if you have not applied Zoolander's update it probaly wont work anyway.

javin
06-27-2003, 11:47 AM
That did it thank you

S_B_R
06-27-2003, 12:01 PM
If your make install was successful, it should be installed in /usr/local/bin

javin
06-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Every time i zone SEQ crashes. Any Fixes?

fester
06-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Jel321
btw if you have not applied Zoolander's update it probaly wont work anyway.

Javin, why do you ask a question when it has already been answered for you?

javin
06-27-2003, 12:45 PM
This is a new problem. I did the /usr/local/bin
fix as suggested. But Showeq Still crashes when i zone. When i log on and run SHOW eq works Great. But when i zone It crashes

monster69
06-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Javin,

Please read Jel321 and Festers post again. They tell you your fix for SEQ crashing. They are not telling you how to fix your already fixed startup problem.

Cheshire_Dragon
06-27-2003, 01:46 PM
I believe what they are telling you is use the damn search button and you will find the fix you need, Javin. It has been discussed for the past week or two.

javin
06-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Thank you for being short with me. I appreciate your help but there really is no need to curse. This is the help desk and i needed help. Youve helped and i appreciate that.

Regards,

Javin

AlphaBeta
06-27-2003, 03:47 PM
LOL Javin,

If you think being told to use the damn search button is swaring and that people are being short with you then you best not post anything to the forums ever again as that reply was being very kind to you.

Now go use the Damn SEARCH button like you were told to do in the first place! :p

AnotherCoreDump
06-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by javin
This is a new problem. I did the /usr/local/bin
fix as suggested. But Showeq Still crashes when i zone. When i log on and run SHOW eq works Great. But when i zone It crashes
Just check for Zoolanders post of the patch, learn how to apply it to the sources, recompile seq ("make" and "make install" again), and it should work like a charm even when you zone.
It's been explained all over on the board.