PDA

View Full Version : *help*

Bdaan
07-08-2003, 07:28 PM
All i am getting is a red dot with on my black screen. Nothing else, no mobs nothing. Any Help PLEASE?

Thanks

edit- I use Sony's EQW, im using Windows XP Home Edition - If Any of that helps.

who_me_use_seq
07-08-2003, 10:53 PM
There are people here who would genuinely like to help you. In order to let them do that why don't you provide some useful information for them to work from.

uRit1u2CBBA=
07-09-2003, 06:49 AM
As a start, try mapping out what your network looks like.

For an example, here is my network:

Internet
|
|
Cable Modem
|
|
Wireless Router / 4-port Switch
|
|
PC1

Wireless Bridge
|
|
Hub
|
+---+---+
| |
| |
SEQ PC2

My guess is that you don't have your linux box connected via a hub to your gaming PC, but until we see a map similar to the one that I posted above, will be hard to tell.

(BTW: The specs of your gaming machine is meaningless to get SEQ work. Network configuration is most important)

Bdaan
07-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Phone Line
|
|
Modem
|
|
4 Port D-Link Router
| |
| |
PC1(SEQ) PC2

---------

PC1 is the one i play EQ on and trying to get SEQ to work. PC2 is my brothers, he uses it w/o SEQ

Dedpoet
07-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Section 4.4 (http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html?s=&menu=9#4.4) of the FAQ answers your question exactly.

Routers are switches. You'll need a true hub.

BlueAdept
07-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bdaan
Phone Line
|
|
Modem
|
|
4 Port D-Link Router
| |
| |
PC1(SEQ) PC2

A router will not work. The linux machine needs to see the packets.

To get it to work, you could buy a true hub and plug the 2 pcs into the hub and the hub into the router.

One note....if this is DSL you might still have problems if it uses PPOE.

Be carefull on what hub you buy. A lot of them are switching hubs which are basically routers. Do a search and you will find several threads on what hubs work and which dont.

Bdaan
07-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Well, i dont use a Linux Computer. i was told it was possible for me to use it on Windows XP.

Elyon
07-10-2003, 03:39 AM
If your not running a Linux Box, your in the wrong Forum. You want to go to the MYSEQ forum. That version runs on Windows, ShowEQ is the Linux Flavor.

Bdaan
07-10-2003, 01:43 PM
whoops