PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ Status now "ORANGE" on Live Servers

mudtoe
07-10-2003, 08:14 AM
If the status of ShowEQ was Yellow before, it's now "Orange" on the live servers. As anticipated from the test servers, it's mostly broke now on the live servers. It no longer loads the zone map or displays any mobs; however it will show your player location, and if you manually load the proper map it will show your location and movements within the zone, so it's not quite "RED" status.

mudtoe

Roads
07-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Actually thats good news:) Sounds much less broken than nothing showing up:) Mostly use it for a map now anyway so good enough for now:)

S_B_R
07-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Has anyone applied this (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3671) patch Zoolander posted for seq on Test?

I don't follow changes on test so I don't know if that patch is current. I would try it but I'm at work :D

Jel321
07-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Thats an old patch, no update for the latest change has been posted yet that i have seen.

AMonk
07-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Old patch or not, I just applied the patch, ran:

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make
make install

and now I have skittles again.

Give it a shot.

Bedon
07-10-2003, 11:05 AM
applied the patch and all works fine again

eqtryin
07-10-2003, 11:44 AM
its working yes but does have occasional seg faults ...not too often got one about every hour but it is "working"

Jel321
07-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I would guess the current code running on test did not make it to live with this patch then.

Super freaky. SEQ is working on test now. They are patching it now so my fingers are crossed

Roads
07-10-2003, 07:15 PM
One Thing i noticed today is that after putting on this temp patch, When i zone in the mobs are ok.. but if i kill a mob or one spanws they dont show up... and while i was killing mobs they were showing in the wrong spot on seq... like its missing packets or something, anyone else notice this? And i actually did search for this although it just started today...

exslam
07-10-2003, 08:12 PM
nothing good here, no skittles, doesnt reconize zone, but it will follow me around lol =\

Cheshire_Dragon
07-10-2003, 11:31 PM
OK, so I used patch and no go. I checked the files in /src and the files that were extracted didn't save...so I edited the files manually with the new changes and am compiling now. Just a heads up to you who don't have it working..MAYBE the opcodes.h and decode.cpp files didn't copy properly....I'll edit this post after compile is finished AND if SEQ works.

--------------

Yup that did it....I gots SKITTLES :)

exslam
07-11-2003, 12:57 AM
Call me a gimp monkey..... =\
I put the files in the wrong directory haha..
All's Green now

minigirl
07-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Hi All

I dont post much..I learn by reading.

but my seq worked up until 7/10..after i patched zoolander on it. Now after patch..i dont get decoding..i do however get "grey" moving dots and a zonechange..though no map..

Would it be adviseable to delete showeq and all and reinstall and then apply zoolanders patch..?

( and i mean my SEQ was working flawlessly and perfect till 7/10 )

Any advice.....? mostly ..what is a skittle :=) ? I dont have english as primary language

mini.

datadog
07-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Skittles is a colorful candy http://www.skittles.com/index.jsp

Its a nickname for SEQ because of the resemblance the colored dots on the screen have to the candy.

AlphaBeta
07-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Need a little help here. I got a fresh copy of seq from the CVS. Downloaded the 2 files from this thread and put them in my /src directory and then did a normal compile. I get a few warnings but everything compiles fine. I run Seq and when I zone seq crashs with a seg fault after tring to load the map.

P.S. I know it's been said before but source forge CVS blows lol.

Jel321
07-11-2003, 09:28 AM
The Seg fault on zone seems like the player packet size problem around while back. There were several threads posted on it.

I think Ratt left the fix that has been posted on this board out of the CVS because of the way the fix was implemented. Hunt around the dev boards for the seg fault when zoning threads and see if you can find the correted player packet post.

I dont think its a 100% corrected yet but it may clear up the crash issue you are seeing.

BlueAdept
07-11-2003, 09:34 AM
I am not using the current version of the cvs. Im using the previous to it with one of the earlier patches added in. I used also added in the patch from this thread and it works great. I havent had a seg fault in well over a month.

If you are constantly segging, you might want to try to update from the time that the libEQ.cpp was released and manually update from there.

LordCrush
07-11-2003, 10:39 AM
i think its in one post ... i have seen som comment from Ratt, but why did the last patch did not make it in the CVS ... just curious :D

who_me_use_seq
07-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Ratt from This thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3627)

I don't like what this patch is doing...

It's just blowing out some of the settings and making them 0. It's not harmful if you apply the patch, but I don't think I want to include that in CVS at this point, just because it would be a pain to track them down later and fix them.

I think that this is why that patch didn't make it into CVS.

Zoolander
07-11-2003, 12:01 PM
If you patch your files you need to force everything to rebuild.

So...

make clean
make
make install

If you really want to be safe you want...

make distclean
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

I can't count how many times I've changed something and then gotten pissed off cause it didn't work only to find I hadn't done a make install of the new version.

KaL
07-11-2003, 05:44 PM
I was lucky I guess.. I unzipped Zoolander's files in my /src directory, did a make ; make install, and it runs fine.

TDES
07-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Had the same problem with seg faults after clean install with Zoo's 06202003 patch

I did a fresh install and forgot about that other patch that did everquest.h (or whichever) 06252003.diff

All good now

Also ...

/em pray to the gods that someone changes that libeq.h / libEQ.h issue

though I've been bitten enough now I might actually remember.

Baklan
07-11-2003, 08:37 PM
It does work but it seems kind of unstable. It closes on me from time to time even without zoning.

Hope someone will come up with a fix soon.

uRit1u2CBBA=
07-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing differently:

I was "patched" and working fine before the 7-10 patch.

After 7-10 patch, I found the new opcodes.h and decode.cpp file that was posted back on 6-20 as a fix to test server users that everyone says works for them, did the full make process from "make distclean" to "make install", and I still only get a mapless GPS with no skittles.

Does anyone know what I might have missed?

Thanks.

LordCrush
07-12-2003, 02:46 AM
Thank you who_me_use_seq, :)

that was the thread i meant. And the points that Ratt said there are still in the patch ?

CiscoKid
07-12-2003, 09:15 AM
I did a normal CVS update last night (Friday), then applied Zoolander's 6-20 diffpatch, and everything worked fine.

I think, twice, in different zones i got that old bug that would shrink the map, but just zooming in made it all better :)

Thanks to the devs :)

QuerySEQ
07-12-2003, 11:28 AM
I redid the CVS update, applied the patch, it works on some of my chars, but on my main it SEG faults on every zone.

I think it goes back to inventory, because I see alot of this:

"GDBM Notice: GetEntry: gdbm_open failed on file '/usr/local/share/showeq/itemdata.dbm': Empty database"

CharProfileCode (006a) (dataLen:4310 != sizeof(charProfileStruct):14302)!

happening just before it SEG Faults, and my dbm is not empty.

Baklan
07-13-2003, 01:18 AM
I did installed zoolander's patch and remade seq:

make clean
make
make install

It does work in some zones but in others it closes completely. In plane of storms for example, whether i enter the zone or i camp, run showeq and then log on.
I read that for some people it just giving errors. What do you mean by that? Does it close or does it give errors and goes on working fine? For me it can only work or not work at all, which is close.
Is there any way to make it just give me an error and go on but not close up on me?

QuerySEQ
07-13-2003, 09:59 AM
When people say it SEG Faults, they mean it crashes and doesn't stay up.

Some have opcode monitoring and are watching where it faults so they can make the proper changes to the structs or the opcodes.

I am still learning this process too. Hopefully I can be of more use here when I am done with the major projects at work.

Baklan
07-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Has anybody come up with a fix yet to make seq stable?

QuerySEQ
07-13-2003, 02:33 PM
There was a thread where it was explained how to put into compile, the opcodes and such.

it explained how to add a few things to a file, recompile and I would see the opcodes come up. I have searched for it, (opcode, debug, opcode display in console, opcodes format) and cannot find the correct thread.

I had it bookmarked, but it is not taking me to the right thread, it says it has been Moved

if anyone can point me to the proper additions to make to the src files and where to make them, I would greatly appreciate it, so I can find the opcodes that are incorrect and help get things rolling again.

EDIT:
NM... I found it. .
HERE
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3571 (http://http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3571)

AlphaBeta
07-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Ok got mine running over the weekend. Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction. Here is what I did to make it work for others still having problems.

1. Delete the showeq directory.

2. Do a fresh CVS download (painful as CVS is screwed at SF and you may have to try many, many times before you get a download to work.)

3. Download Zoolander's fix here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3671) and copy the 2 files into the seq /src directory.

4. Download the seg fault fix from Thom_Merrilin here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3627&highlight=seg+fault) then move the file to the file to /src directory. cd to your src directory and type "patch < quickpatch.diff".

5. Return to your showeq directory and then just compile like normal.

Not saying this is the right way of doing it.. Just what worked for me is all. :D gl guys

uncleubb
07-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Just as AB said, dunno if there is a right way at this point. This is what worked for me:

1. Updated using the most recent CVS (which may have changed since).

2. Applied Zoolander's patch found here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3695

** This may already be in CVS. If it is, then just use the current CVS and skip this step.

3. Copied and applied Zoolander's files found here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3671

Thanks to Zoo, codepig and everyone on the project. I kind of like this Yellow status -- people have to actually read and search a tad.

-uu

Baklan
07-14-2003, 10:27 AM
AlphaBeta, I did apply zoolander's but didnt try that seg fault fix, it crashes on me all the time. Do you actually have it working without any crashes after applying seg fault fix?

edit:
nm, ill try to figure it out...redownload and remake

Baklan
07-14-2003, 10:38 AM
any idea whats up with cvs server?
im getting this error when trying to log in:

cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

it happens when i press enter when it asks for pass.

edit:

disregard this plz... i tried another dozen of times and now its fine, it was some bug i guess or server full.

Roads
07-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Yup just hammer it and it will go:)

BTW... has anyone had a problem lately where it will work fine for 20 minutes or so.. then just stop updating mobs.. like turn a corner and mobs are there that arn't on seq? I have 2 machines setup and both do the same thing...

BTW.. i searched and didnt find anything bout this... feel free to flame on trolls:)

S_B_R
07-14-2003, 11:07 AM
I think this has something to do with the way mob updates are sent to the client. They changed it sometime ago, the ingame tracking can be effected by it too.

Obviously it only effects Roamer mobs and it seems to be more pronounced if you move a good distance across the zone in a short amount of time. I believe you have to wait for the roamer to stop, then start moving again before you get an update. There maybe a timed update as well...

AlphaBeta
07-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Baklan,

Yes adding the patch from Thom_Merrilin solves the seg fault errors.

And yes CVS sucks big ones. I think I tryed about 30 times before I got a download to work.

Roads
07-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Actually... i was in BOT west all yesterday.. and it worked fine for bout 20 minutes.. then the puller yells the named it up... i look and nothing on the map in seq... all the static spawns hadn't decoded in seq for some reason... dunno..

QuerySEQ
07-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Roads
Actually... i was in BOT west all yesterday.. and it worked fine for bout 20 minutes.. then the puller yells the named it up... i look and nothing on the map in seq... all the static spawns hadn't decoded in seq for some reason... dunno..

Yes, I turned off Automatic Detection, so I could at least have a stable map until I found the correct OpCode.. I was testing this in OOT, when I noticed that Gornit was up, but did not show on my map.

Now, Gornit moves around between 2 points and back to his original spawn point.

I also ran into that static MOB in Mistmoore, and she too was not on the map.. All other mobs showed up tho.

At one point, I decoded CharProfile opcode, and tried 0x0060 instead of the original 0x006a, and it worked but then I seg faulted. I do not think 0x0060 is a correct opcode, was just guessing at it.

I just redid my files again, and am working on adding the information to packets.cpp for decoding the opcodes better.

Thank you to Zoo, Thom and all of you that are helping by presenting good sources to look up.

Thank you AlphaBeta for presenting a good procedure for resolving this for some of us, using existing resources.

Baklan
07-14-2003, 01:23 PM
I applied merlin's patch and it works fine now!
Thanks for the help alpha :)