PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ Offsets: Howto

trick9000
07-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Hey folks, I'm a longtime user of SEQ, helped a lot of people get it up and running in the past, but now I'm running into a prob, with today's recent offset change:

How do I change it? I searched for offset, offset change, memory offset change and never found anything that seemed to be 'right on, do this'

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in Advance,

Trick900

fester
07-11-2003, 03:11 PM
You might do better posting in the MySEQ forum?

Because if you really mean ShowEQ, I have absolutely no idea
what you mean.

dpaschal
07-12-2003, 05:51 AM
Funny how nobody wants to give you a straight answer and when they do, it is something smartass in nature.

ShowEQ does not use offsets. Only the Windows version does. See people, now how hard was that? Sure, I could have told him to read the FAQ, but that takes too long. It took me 45 minutes to find the answer that way.

uRit1u2CBBA=
07-12-2003, 06:19 AM
I agree that there are a lot of smart ass comments thrown around more than I would expect (but I can also understand not wanting to answer the same questions over and over again) -- but I thought that fester's response was .... ummm ... non-smart-assy?

trick9000
07-12-2003, 08:30 AM
So, thanks in advance, I do appreciate the responses. That response wasn't a smart ass coment, but many of them are, which is what the 3rd poster was making comment to, I believe...

Anyway, yeah, it is SEQ I'm running, not MySEQ (//shudder having to run a 2nd windoze box//)

Thanks again,

--Trick9000

BlueAdept
07-12-2003, 08:31 AM
SEQ doesnt use memory offsets. The only time that was needed was when there was a keyfinder that pulled the key from the memory of the EQ machine, which it doesnt do anymore.

MySEQ does use memory offsets since it pulls from the clients memory.

SEQ does use opcodes. A good thread is below.

This is a very good thread on opcodes:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3432&highlight=opcodes

Festers answer wasnt rude or "smartassed" and has helped a lot of people.

S_B_R
07-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by dpaschal
Sure, I could have told him to read the FAQ, but that takes too long. It took me 45 minutes to find the answer that way.

Just as a point of fact, it took you 45 mins to get the answer by reading the FAQ... It took him 23 hours before Fester answered, and 37 hours before you responded.

Last time I checked 45 mins was much shorter than 23 or 37 hours...

Oops sorry for the smartass remark. :rolleyes: