PDA

View Full Version : Edited version of netonins version

shnauka
07-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Ok, here it goes. I tried to clean it up a bit. There is a new timer, timer2, on Form1. This triggers the alternating flag in the map named 'flash'.

Overall, it seems to not be very smooth, so I need to clean that up.

The configuration seems to get smooshed with the new addition of a new property. *shrug* Not THAT hard to set.

Audio alerts will work if there is an audio file specified. If not, it will simply beep. Either way, Beep on alert is the toggle to do SOMETHING..

There needs to be cleaning, yes. I removed some of the old codes flashing variables to use instead the 'flash' variable.

Some things can be done better. There are 'issues'. It doesnt CHECK for the existence of the file, so nothing will happen alert wise if the file doesnt exist. There is no 'Browse To..' buttom for the field, the file needs to be typed in manually. I included a silly little short wav file as an example..

Lesse. Oh yea. If you zone into a zone with a boatload of things that will set off an alert, it will play the audio alert THAT MANY TIMES. Easy fix to put a time in there someplace to say 'If I have played the alert recently, DONT PLAY IT AGAIN for so long'.

Um, my changes included showing players as squares instead of circles. As was stated earlier, I want to make this a configurable option. It's not highly tested, and some stuff needs cleaning.

I'd like too see alot of changes, but I wanted to get this posted up today..

Please let me know how it works out. I'm planning on making many more changes this weekend.

One of the things on the wishlist is RegEx support. I can do that. I believe I can do it in such a way that the filters would be compatible with ShowEQs filters. I'll see what I can bang out this weekend. I'm familiar with ShowEQs source, so I can use it as a reference to try to make it completely compatible..

The configurability of the display I'd like to see made available so people can select, as was previously stated, what they want top use for 'icons' to represent different things. See what I can hash out this weekend on that as well..

I may make some changes to the core server component as well, such as 'guild'. I believe I can look at the Macroquest source and get some of this data.

It'd be nice if you could allow dynamic filtering of the display, so a simular system could be done as exists for the alerting, so I could, say, filter things based on 'X'. Perhaps a dropdown so I could filter by guild too see players in ToV, or display members of guilds OTHER then my own differently, so I could see if jou hoser from another guild just ran by us with SOS to frig with our mob..

My character also has a horse, so I can look at some of that data..

As a FUTURE idea, aka, not this weekend, idea, it'd be nice if you could have MULTIPLE instances of the map. If the above filtering ideas where in place, you could have multiple windows with multiple maps loaded, or even multiple mob listings, each filtered differently.. I can think of a bunch.. *shrug*

Grr, cant attach it to the message. Heres a URL:

http://www.e-thingy.com/~twolf/myseq.zip