PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Locations

Anonymous Necro
07-16-2003, 08:34 AM
In zones I've started to have a problem where it will show locations of spawn where there has never been a mob spawn before, these locations seem to carry over from zone to zone too. Also timers for certian spawn locations are not working. The color will change and it will start to blink red, but when look at the spawn it will not have a time or previous mob associated with it.

Im assuming the file that contains this information has become corrupt or just too large (happening in zones I've spent a lot of time in)

Is there another file that contain the spawn locations for the various zones? Ive deleted the spawnlog.txt file, but still have the problem. I haven't tried a DnR yet, I'm hoping it is juat a fiel that I can delete or clear to fix this.

-Anonymous Necro
-Bringing Death and Destruction to a neghborhood near you.

fester
07-16-2003, 02:54 PM
I usually turn off spawn point display.

I have never spent any time thinking about why this happens, but as I think now, it is most likely due to running ShowEQ during a point in time where the "ZoneOut" and "ZoneIn" packets are not recognized. This is a simple problem that could attribute spawn points to the wrong zone.

Your best bet is to delete all the .sp files and make sure both opcodes are correct, then retry. If it still happens, there may also be more problems