PDA

View Full Version : RedHat 9

TheTrackingEnch
08-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Does SEQ work on RedHat 9?

who_me_use_seq
08-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Look very carefully up in the upper right corner of the web page.......Do you see a button that says "search"?

Now I know that this seems unlikely, but if you click on that button it will allow you to search the forums here. And then perhaps, just perhaps, you might be able to find one of the thousands of other posts that deal with using various distributions of Red Hat with SEQ.

Or you could try reading the fucking FAQ.

TheTrackingEnch
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Just answer the fucking question, unless you dont know, yes I know how to use a search. STFU

Elvampira
08-02-2003, 01:02 AM
yes it works like a charm.. only need to install EQlib and showeq and it works nicely and smoothly

easyest installation other..
about the who me use showeq guy or so.. you had better just posted a yes intead of a useless moronish flame.. or dont post at all since you prolly dont have a clue

monster69
08-02-2003, 07:26 AM
TheTrackingEnch:
If you know how to use search then use it instead of wasting everyone elses time on simple questions that have been answered already.

Elvampira:
Your answer is wrong. There is no EQlib and libEQ.a is not required. A simple glance to left will tell you that.

Both of you:
Your are both new posters to the forum. Perhaps a little leeway is in order. But, flaming someone who does provide valuable answers to VALID questions is no way to get more help in the future. I for one will never be posting to help either of you unless you find a way to be considerate posters and respect other peoples time instead of coming here and demanding an answer that already exists.

Monster

Elvampira
08-02-2003, 08:51 AM
ya sorry

BlueAdept
08-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by TheTrackingEnch
Just answer the fucking question, unless you dont know, yes I know how to use a search. STFU

Yea...keep flaming people. That will get you a lot of answers here. If you know how to do a search...why didnt you do it?

TheTrackingEnch
08-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Yes two wrongs dont make a right, but I already did use the search and it came up with just 1 post of a guy that had success (that I could tell) I just didnt like that "canned" answer who_me_use_seq gave, and it was not in the FAQ as well. Seemed to me he didnt know what he was talking about but had to flame me anyways.

seqmage
08-03-2003, 12:44 AM
and it was not in the FAQ as well

This is from the FAQ on this website...
4.1 - Will ShowEQ run on a default install of Mandrake 8.1 or RedHat 7.2?
No. You will need to upgrade your QT package to version 3.0 or later, and your GCC version to 3.0 or later as well. We recommend using RedHat 8 or Mandrake 9 unless you know what you are doing.
4.2 - I am having problems compiling/running/using ShowEQ, where can I turn for help?
The sourceforge forums are the best place to find help for ShowEQ. Keep in mind that your question has PROBABLY been asked. Before you post a new thread, take the time to use the search feature. If you fail to do this, someone will insult your thread and it will probably be locked as well. Lots of flames are likely to follow. You will feel bad, hurt and unfairly punished. This is normal and acceptable behavior. It is yet another test of your ability to read and comprehend information presented to you. If you are unable to do this, you need to find another place to hang out, this is not the place for you. We will beat you over the head until you get understand this.

So you were warned.

This is from the INSTALL.newbies file.
4. Usefull Information

4.1 Getting Help
You can find help on the ShowEQ messageboards at:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/

but please, before going there, read the following pdf file about what
is custom on a board like that. This will prevent you from being
dissappointed and should clarify a few things you might encounter.
http://www.smoothwall.org/download/pdf/docs/0.9.9/doc.faq.pdf

if who_me_use_seq didnt tell you to search, someone else would have.

From the INSTALL file,
more INSTALL
INSTALLATION OVERVIEW:
----------------------
ShowEQ originated on Redhat 6.1, however, it will compile and
run on all newer Linux distro's.

So your question was answered when SEQ was created. Now if you would have read the FAQ you would clearly see, You wasted everyone's time with this already answerd question.

Kizzy
11-17-2003, 04:07 PM
deleted

Alot of people said what I originally posted. Just about people who rather flame then answer it and mention the obvious.
Flaming in a helpdesk is not just stupid but by doing so your the one who wastes the time.

quackrabbit
11-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TheTrackingEnch
Does SEQ work on RedHat 9? Yes

junk
11-17-2003, 09:31 PM
I just find it funny that Kizzy dug up a 3 month old post only to delete the response that bumped it.

Kizzy
11-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey, at least you know I'm using the search button ;)
sorry about the bump.