PDA

View Full Version : Grey dots, but no map

Kermit
08-07-2003, 02:18 PM
I am running a fresh install of Mandrake 9.1 and a fresh install/CVS of SEQ (4.3.8). I am content to run SEQ passively and get GPS mode, but the map outlines (seemingly regardless of zone) don't show up. I will post the output from running SEQ in a bit (if necessary). Thanks

Cryonic
08-07-2003, 03:06 PM
So, in other words, you are running the unpatched code that is sitting in CVS. If that is the case, then the problem with the maps is that the code in CVS does not currently work. There are patches that some users have posted to the forums to restore some functionality (like knowing what zone you're in which gives SEQ the ability to autoload maps), etc...

Kermit
08-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Ahh i gotcha... Thank you =)

S_B_R
08-07-2003, 03:43 PM
For future reference, notice the "ShowEQ Status" section on the left hand side of the page.

Kermit
08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
For future reference, notice the "ShowEQ Status" section on the left hand side of the page.
Thanks... I did notice it... In fact, after much searching I was also unable to find a decent explaination as to what those colors actually mean... Am I to assume that yellow means that it is anywhere between skittles for all and completely broken?

BlueAdept
08-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Yellow means that the cvs version does not work out of the box. There are patches you need to do to update it to the current working status.