PDA

View Full Version : as I finally manage to install SEQ, new troubles arise :( help please

Elvampira
08-08-2003, 03:45 AM
Hi all

first of thank you all for helping me so nicely and reading my posts.

after an installation with as far as I can tell no errors I start ShowEQ, my network setup is the following: modem --- linuxbox --- SWITCH --- my EQ comp among others..

the modem goes into the linux box on interface eth0, then eth1 is connected to the LAN. the IP of my EQ comp is 192.168.1.13 and the ip of the linux box is 192.168.1.1.
Now I have the interface to listen on set to eth1, and the IP adress of the EQ client 192.1681.1.13.

and the errors I get look like this:

<here are alot more lines like the following 3 with only slight differeces, thought I dont post em all>
WARNING: RemDropCode (00fe) (dataLen:310 != sizeof(remDropStruct):10)!
Your player's id is 1788
error: size > left (size=252, left=7, opcode=0x025c)
error: size > left (size=253, left=92, opcode=0x0144)
error: size > left (size=254, left=101, opcode=0x0144)
<the 3 lines above keep coming up always with the different numbers with like 5 seconds delay>

my firewall is shorewall, which bases on IPtables, is maybe that blocking something of SEQ? wouldnt make sense tzhough imo since its only "listening" right?

also I tried to add a policy to the firewall which states something like this: all:all ACCEPT and it still didnt work..

what happens in the SEQ window is the following, when I start EQ I get the circle with the 2red and a yellow line and it turns in the right direction.. I get all the spawns but they are "unknowen" except myself which displays as human warrior which I am not. (thats the default though I know that)

LordCrush
08-08-2003, 04:44 AM
You have no problem with the networksetup ... that just fine.

Have you applied the needed patches ?
Look under Network is there is decryption disabled .

user387
08-08-2003, 06:16 AM
looks like you didn't apply all the patches...

Elvampira
08-08-2003, 08:21 AM
my showeq version is 4.3.8, and I dont have libEQ or keysniffer cus I was told I dont need em.. and I cant find the option about encryption in the network thingy.. maybe do you mean the option I can toggle which says "broken decode"?

ok now I noticed I had the libEQ.a instaklled from b4 I knew it doesent need it.. and I removed the file and tied again and now showeq crashed and gave segmentation fault output in console...

its getting worse :(

and what patches are you talking about? I just DLed seq from CVS..

junk
08-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok, this is where people are going to start getting pissy with you for not searching. I did a search for "patch cvs", and right there on the first page (6th one down at the time) was a message entitled "How I got SEQ going again...". And, like any helpful thread, read the WHOLE THING before actually doing anything.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3768&highlight=patch

BlueAdept
08-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Im sorry to say, but we arent here to hold your hand and walk you through the entire thing. You need to do some research yourself or people will start to flame you for asking questions that are very easily answered.

You are missing some patches that need to be installed before it will work properly. Do a search.

If you still cant figure it out, maybe myseq would be easier for you to setup. It runs on windows and provides very similar features as SEQ.

Elvampira
08-08-2003, 05:42 PM
*shrug* I have done searches, but I guess I searched for the wrong terms.. nobody is perfect or? not even me :)

to Junk..

thanx alot bud your info was actually helpfull not just blah blah blah :)
Ill try that and see if I have some more sucess with it

regards

LordCrush
08-09-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Elvampira
*shrug* I have done searches, but I guess I searched for the wrong terms.. nobody is perfect or? not even me :)

to Junk..

thanx alot bud your info was actually helpfull not just blah blah blah :)
Ill try that and see if I have some more sucess with it

regards

btw i have not seen bla bla here ... we gave some hints ... and you need to try more than one word with search!

Search after the words people that respond are guessing what is wrong...

look here ...

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3844

and one thing at last: dont bash on people who take the time to help ... normaly in a short answer is info that can help ;)

Elvampira
08-09-2003, 01:44 PM
well I was refering to him bashing me eventhough I tried for almoust an hour to find anything usefull on the board..

anyways no need to argue I just dont care for useless commands to make other ppl feel bad.

there might be morons on this board which ask for every crap I agree, but I am not one of them

thanx again for thouse that took the time to help me out

LordCrush
08-09-2003, 05:01 PM
nm ... the thingy called search is a combine of imagianation and looking into a crystall ball :p
The most difficult thing is to find the right terms to search for

Good Night :p

Elvampira
08-10-2003, 03:29 AM
3) cd to showeq directory and cp libeq.h libEQ.h

this step I cant get to work, because there is no libeq.h file in my showeq directory.. did he mean the libeq.h file in the src directory? confused there

so I tried it with the file in the src directory and did as he told, the quickpatch of Merrillin couldnt be found at the link so I took the other quickpatch which was there and thatone didnt work.. I went on and read further down, now I am gonna try the other patch provided on the page and Ill try to not do the quickpatch..

if anyone cares to "hold my hand and walk me through" pleas say so that we can meet in a chat and I dont get flamed repeatedly for my lame skills with the search button :)

thank you

Elvampira
08-10-2003, 04:01 AM
I got showeq to show me where I am in the map, but the map doesent load automaticly cus it says unknowen zone.. and I only get unknown as spawn data..

seems not to decode correctly, I have renamed libeq.h to libEQ.h in the src directory

and I applied some patches I tried with all kinds of patches and none worked :(

Elvampira
08-10-2003, 05:39 AM
NM I GOT IT TO WORK..
thanx to a humble soul taking 5 mins "holding my hand through it" :)

thanx to anyone else anyways

BlueAdept
08-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Grats. It only took you 30 posts and 4 threads for you to get it to work. Enjoy your skittles.

Elvampira
08-10-2003, 08:59 AM
aye.. go me!!!

LordCrush
08-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by BlueAdept
Grats. It only took you 30 posts and 4 threads for you to get it to work. Enjoy your skittles.

ROFL ... Grats nm :p

S_B_R
08-11-2003, 07:57 AM
there might be morons on this board which ask for every crap I agree, but I am not one of them
Originally posted by BlueAdept
Grats. It only took you 30 posts and 4 threads for you to get it to work. Enjoy your skittles.Anyone else find the irony as funny as I do? ;)

Elvampira
08-11-2003, 08:43 AM
I find it funny too :)

Elvampira
08-11-2003, 08:46 AM
but hey, I am greatfull to all of you for helping me.. I am happy with you just that sometime you guys can be really mean if someone isnt born as smart as you.. anyways, cool board I laughed hard the time I posted and read here :)

GL to all of you and beware of Elva when the next patch arises!!! :P

BlueAdept
08-11-2003, 01:12 PM
I am happy with you just that sometime you guys can be really mean if someone isnt born as smart

I dont think we are mean, just trying to push people to use their brain and learn. It isnt about being smarter than others, its about filling up the boards with stuff that has been posted over and over.

It has become a lot easier to install now than it has in the past. There are also a lot of guides that people have made. There really shouldnt be much, if any, need for the majority of the questions that get posted here. It just takes a little time and research.

I am very supprised that your threads went on as long as they did without any real flames. Guess people like you. ;)

Kuonji
08-12-2003, 12:14 AM
NM I GOT IT TO WORK..
thanx to a humble soul taking 5 mins "holding my hand through it" :)

thanx to anyone else anyways

So I'm basically at the point you were at RIGHT before you made this post. What were you missing? Because I believe I'm missing that too. I've followed the instructions in this thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3768&highlight=patch

..to a T and applied both patches but I didn't apply the Merrlin's quickfix patch (since it doesn't seem necessary as people have been pointing out). And it still refuses to decode. Are there more recent opcodes patches or something? I have 9 different windows open from various threads across the board and I'm trying to find out where I went wrong and I'm just not seeing it.

Kuonji
08-12-2003, 01:45 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. I don't have an unzipping program for linux so I unzipped the patch on my windows machine and uploaded it to a server I have access to. I was wget'ing it directly into the src directory and it was renaming those two files by adding a .1 at the end and I wasn't noticing it.

Elvampira
08-12-2003, 05:44 AM
well Blue Adept, as it turned out it was only a very small detail I didnt notice, and I followed all the HOW TOs and all the FAQs, someone just had to lift me on that small detail, all the posts you gave me didnt work for me, and the ones I found in search didnt work either guess I am not all that stupid in the end just missed a few details :)

Elvampira
08-12-2003, 06:10 AM
I am very supprised that your threads went on as long as they did without any real flames. Guess people like you.

well they know to better behave towards a woman :)

BlueAdept
08-12-2003, 07:46 AM
No one thought you were stupid, just maybe a little impatient. :) If you do take the time, probably about 99.95% of the problems have been answered already. The problem is sifting through all the results to find what you need.

I do want to thank you for posting that guide. Im sure it will help a lot of people. Most people trip over a problem, post about it and then say "NM, I got it" and leave it at that without explaining what they did to solve the problem.

The 2 links I had provided are good, too bad it didnt help you. TLDP does have some firewalling guides that are good and I have found it a great help in the past. http://www.tldp.org/.

The other link for gShield http://muse.linuxmafia.org/gshield.html is a pretty good and easy premade firewall, but since you had another set up, the link was unneeded.

AlphaBeta
08-12-2003, 09:38 AM
well they know to better behave towards a woman :)

Lol yeah right like that has ever saved me from a flame here... :D

who_me_use_seq
08-13-2003, 07:51 AM
Don't you think that if you are going to claim to be a woman you should change your "nom de stupid" to Lavampira?

Elvampira
08-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Blue Adept:

yea I just wanted to make up for the trouble I caused everyone by helping others..
I am a little impationt though at times I have to admit that hehe.. but I sure did alot of searches.. but you know what I find annoying? everyone tells you to use searches.. but me as a fast thinker I am just hellofalot in pain by not beeing able to send more than 1 search querys every 30 secs

just a thought since the forumn is so search heavy to decreas that time limit. dunno who is admin though

who_me_use_seq:

LaVampira as I first tried was rejected by Everquest.. so I decided since vampires are strange anyways I could as well roleplay with a shemale name :) Elvampira is my EQ name not only the board name.. sorry if I ofended anyone with that.

Elvampira
08-26-2003, 03:53 PM
ohh and another thing, I have heared alot about SoE banning ppl or guilds because of show EQ, now to my understanding this happens only if the user behave stupid, is there ANY way SOE can track down SEQ? I have seen everyone say some different stuff, maybe you as an expert could clear it up for my stupid mind?

thanx

Mr. Suspicious
08-26-2003, 04:54 PM
is there ANY way SOE can track down SEQ?

This is covered in the FAQ.

who_me_use_seq
08-26-2003, 07:55 PM
ohh and another thing, I have heared alot about SoE banning ppl or guilds because of show EQ, now to my understanding this happens only if the user behave stupid, is there ANY way SOE can track down SEQ? I have seen everyone say some different stuff, maybe you as an expert could clear it up for my stupid mind?

thanx

LaVampira as I first tried was rejected by Everquest.. so I decided since vampires are strange anyways I could as well roleplay with a shemale name Elvampira is my EQ name not only the board name.. sorry if I ofended anyone with that.

I got showeq to show me where I am in the map, but the map doesent load automaticly cus it says unknowen zone.. and I only get unknown as spawn data..

Oh I can think of a few ways. Posting that you have it working on this board using your in game name is one of them.

/boggle

Elvampira
08-27-2003, 02:06 PM
I dont use Elvampira since approx 2.5 years..

but why am I arguing.. go flame someone else kid :)

who_me_use_seq
08-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I dont use Elvampira since approx 2.5 years..

but why am I arguing.. go flame someone else kid :)

If you think that was a flame don't read the rest of these boards.

I was just pointing out something that most of us here know. Which is not to use a name here that is has ever been associated with our real live persona in the eyes of SOE.

You asked for information about how people get caught for using SEQ. I told you one of the big ones. Use the information or not at your discretion.

You are welcome.