PDA

View Full Version : RH8, latest and greatest RHN updates done, getting error..

thatoneguy
08-12-2003, 02:33 PM
running make && make install this is the error I get. I did some searching, and couldn't find anything specific related to it...

In file included from /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/qfiledialog.h:57,
from map.cpp:29:
/usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/qurloperator.h:74: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `
cnnst' with no type
/usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/qurloperator.h:74: `cnnst' declared as a `virtual'
field
/usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/qurloperator.h:74: parse error before `*' token
make[3]: *** [map.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

user387
08-12-2003, 04:17 PM
sounds to me like your qt is broken...

usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include/qurloperator.h:74: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `
cnnst' with no type

cnnst looks like a typo for const...

can you show me line 74 of the qurloperator.h file on your machine?

thatoneguy
08-12-2003, 04:39 PM
I really appreciate your help with this. Here is the entire public: with line 74 marked:

public:
QUrlOperator();
QUrlOperator( const QString &urL );
QUrlOperator( const QUrlOperator& url );
QUrlOperator( const QUrlOperator& url, const QString& relUrl, bool checkSlash = FALSE );
virtual ~QUrlOperator();

virtual void setPath( const QString& path );
virtual bool cdUp();

virtual const QNetworkOperation *listChildren();
virtual const QNetworkOperation *mkdir( const QString &dirname );
virtual const QNetworkOperation *remove( const QString &filename );
virtual const QNetworkOperation *rename( const QString &oldname, const QString &newname );
LINE 74 virtual cnnst QNetworkOperation *get( const QString &location = QString::null );
virtual const QNetworkOperation *put( const QByteArray &data, const QString &location = QString::null );
virtual QPtrList<QNetworkOperation> copy( const QString &from, const QString &to, bool move = FALSE, bool toPath = TRUE );
virtual void copy( const QStringList &files, const QString &dest, bool move = FALSE );
virtual bool isDir( bool *ok = 0 );

virtual void setNameFilter( const QString &nameFilter );
QString nameFilter() const;

virtual QUrlInfo info( const QString &entry ) const;

QUrlOperator& operator=( const QUrlOperator &url );
QUrlOperator& operator=( const QString &url );

virtual void stop();

thatoneguy
08-12-2003, 04:41 PM
I edited that line to const instead of cnnst. I am redoing the make && make install now, and we will see how it goes. Thank you again for your help. I don't know linux well enough to feel comfortable editing system files...

thatoneguy
08-12-2003, 04:47 PM
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -
D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c -o interface.o `test -f 'interface.cpp' || echo './
'`interface.cpp
interface.cpp: In destructor `virtual EQInterface::~EQInterface()':
interface.cpp:1823: internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [interface.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would a make clean help with this, or should i delete the seq directory and start over?

Dedpoet
08-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Usually seg faults with no other errors or warnings point to bad or inadequete hardware. Program compilation taxes hardware, particularly RAM, in ways nothing else does and it very good at finding low-grade or bad memory.

One thing to try is to start the whole compile over again from make -f Makefile.dist. See if you get another seg fault, and if it is in the same place as this one or not.

If it is in the same place, whatever changed that line in your qurloperator.h file could have done anything. Try rm'ing your showeq folder and get a fresh copy. See if you get a seg fault during compile again, and see if it's in the same place. If it's in a different place, it is very likely a problem with your RAM. If you have multiple sticks, pull one out and try again. Switch that one with the other one and try again. Borrow a stick from a friend and try again, etc. It could be you have some Brand X memory modules in there that whomever built your system used to save a few bucks. Now head on out to your favorite vendor and pick you up some Corsair, Crucial, Mushkin, or equivalent name brand memory. You'll be glad you did :-)

thatoneguy
08-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Great advice. Will rm the directory first, and start from scratch. If failures continue, will follow the rest. Thank you again.

thatoneguy
08-13-2003, 01:55 AM
Ok, I deleted the showeq directory, and started over. I get to the ./configure step, and this is the output (which is new):

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
/seq/showeq/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/seq/showeq/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking for supported compiler version... checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

cannot fun C++ compiled programs... I see from examples where people have shown ./configure getting further, and they all say NO to cross compile, so I don't believe it is related to that... I would initially assume i should download the compiler RPM and install over the top of the existing. I could be very wrong here, and which compiler is another question. It finds gcc and g++ ok it seems, and a.out (which I have also seen on ./configures that have gotten past this step).

Dedpoet
08-13-2003, 07:22 AM
What does "gcc -v" return? I'm curious what version of gcc you have.

thatoneguy
08-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Welcome to the world of random segment faults. Now playing with ram, should know what's up shortly. Once I find a nice ram pair that works, should I do a complete linux re-install, or should I be fine running my old install on the working memory? Thanks again for the help, the segment thing was spot on.

S_B_R
08-13-2003, 01:23 PM
I'd say just re-try your SEQ download/compile/install. if it doesn't work then go ahead and reinstall the system. ;)

thatoneguy
08-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Yeah, tried that a couple times last night. No luck. I was then getting segment faults opening up Terminal, so I figured I would reinstall the system...

thatoneguy
08-13-2003, 04:40 PM
After a complete reinstall of rh8, and installing / patching seq, skittles have been achieved. Thanks again for all the help.