PDA

View Full Version : network issue?

an0n
08-13-2003, 02:58 AM
Hi ive used SEQ plenty in the past on older RH distributions now am loading on 8, did a full install like I normally do, got source and compiled fine.. however when I run it detects the client but its as if it cant read what zone I'm in (no map) and all the mobs are unknown. According to the FAQ that issue is normally because you try to use a switch, and i could see why that wouldnt work.. but this isnt the case, I have a hub and 2 boxes behind a linksys router.

Router= 192.168.0.1
linuxbox eth0= 192.168.0.3
linuxbox eth1= 192.168.0.2
EQ PC= 192.168.0.8

At 1st i was only using eth0 but after reading the FAQ decicded to try an older NIC which is eth1 and what is connected to my hub now, there is connectivity between all devices. The PC is xppro, router is all default except no dhcp.. no ports are being forwarded. I've used this same equip plenty of times in the past but having no luck now. I also forced all NIC's to 10half even though my hub is only 10mbit, removed packet scheduler. what else could be causing this problem?

Thanks

who_me_use_seq
08-13-2003, 07:42 AM
It sounds rather as though you haven't applied all the current patches. Did you do the install as specified in this thread?

Good advice (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3768)

an0n
08-13-2003, 09:59 AM
eek lol no wonder thx got it working again :)