PDA

View Full Version : Flame me if you will

Deoen
08-15-2003, 11:32 AM
I don't know if I over looked something or just missed it on this forum. I have not used ShowEQ for about a month. All it get is GPS. So I did an update and followed the instrucions that Crytoread posted to get his going. I did the 6/20 patch and 6/25 patch and then did the quickfix. Still all I have is a big GPS.

S_B_R
08-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Clear out your SEQ source.
Redownload it from CVS.
Apply the patches (2 I think).
Recompile the whole mess just like it was a new install.Basically that's all I can give you. If you have done everything you said you did, and done it correctly, it should work.
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make && make install

By the way it doesn't make people want to help you when you are hostile from the begining. ;)

Deoen
08-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Sorry - It was not meant to be hostile. It was just a hook to get attention. And if I did miss something on the forum then I should get flamed. TY for the info and I'll try it tonight.

user387
08-16-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Deoen
Sorry - It was not meant to be hostile. It was just a hook to get attention. And if I did miss something on the forum then I should get flamed. TY for the info and I'll try it tonight.

even if you did miss something on the forum, you shouldn't be flamed...

only if you didn't bother to look for it. but even then not.

BlueAdept
08-16-2003, 07:21 AM
It seems the only people who get flamed are the ones who ask something really boneheaded, like "how do I get ShowEQ to run on windows. I dont see an exe file" or if someone tells a person to search and then the original poster flames the person who told them to search. That seems to open up a whole can of worms.

Also asking not to be flamed is almost a sure way to get flamed!

who_me_use_seq
08-16-2003, 08:14 AM
This board has it's share of Flames. However, I have yet to see someone flamed for a legitimate question about a real problem.