PDA

View Full Version : Status of ShowEQ ...

sakshale
08-15-2003, 11:52 PM
After using ShowEQ for a long time, I dropped EQ to experiment with the StarWars beta. (Just about the same time everything changed related to libEQ.)

Now I am thinking about coming back to EQ. Unfortunately, I find the current information on the forum confusing. The search function turns up a couple of clear, but old, statements on how to build things, but also some very contradictory statements.

Three questions:

[1] Why the need to rename libeq.h? Shouldn't it be named correctly in the CVS tree?

[2] Why the need to apply patches? Maybe I am missing some history related to patches no longer being added to the CVS tree.

[3] And, finally, did the need for a memory sniffer on the windows box go away?

Of course, I've now got to rewire my network, as I converted everything to swtiches.... [Where did I stash that old hub?]

Sakshale

My current build script is:

# assume a fresh CVS ceckout
# cp files extracted from sequp_062003.zip
cp -f ./tmp/* ./showeq/src
cd ./showeq/src
patch < ../../seq06252003.diff
# this one generates errors for some reason
patch < ../../quickpatch.diff
cp libeq.h libEQ.h
cd ..
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Dedpoet
08-16-2003, 08:25 AM
1 & 2: Yes, CVS is not up to date. The only reason I have seen here is because a couple of the patches to get things working are not set up exactly how Ratt wanted to see them, so they have not been incoporated. They work though, and if you patch yourself, Seq -will- work.

3: Yes, there is no longer a memory sniffer requirement. LibEQ.a is also gone, hence the libEQ incorporation into the source. Everything you need is in CVS and the patches you have already seen.

This post (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3870) has very clear instructions on getting everything running nicely. The project doesn't officially support scripts, but if you were to make one, the directions in that thread will be what you need.