PDA

View Full Version : EQMobTracker

Cracker_Sixx
08-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Wanted to post an update since the program has evolved quite a bit since i first mentioned it here.

If you havent had a look lately, you may be interested in checking it out again: http://cracker_sixx.home.comcast.net

-CS

BlueAdept
08-18-2003, 07:50 AM
Im sorry but I doubt anyone here would trust such a program. It is very easy to get someones login/password. If you dont have anything to hide, post the source with it.

Here are my points of concern. First this was your first post, second your account was just created, third how do you get the list of spawns without specifying an offset? It changes every patch.

With SEQ and MYSEQ this program is not needed.

who_me_use_seq
08-18-2003, 09:01 AM
The easy and painless way to avoid any suspicion of bad intentions would be to post source code. If you do not do so one has to assume that you are leeching passwords.

I can't imagine why someone who has ShowEQ or MySEQ would want such a program.

Without the source code I wouldn't touch this program with someone elses' mouse.

Cracker_Sixx
08-18-2003, 03:17 PM
The reason for this program was mainly to see if I could do it honestly. However It is small and lightweight and does it's job quite well.

SEQ is a great program, but if you just need the functionality that EQMobTracker provides, installing and setting up SEQ is overkill.

I plan on releasing source in the future.

-Cracker_Sixx

ps - I have offered BA the souce for review.

Cracker_Sixx
08-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Here is the source for the program...

BlueAdept
08-18-2003, 06:48 PM
:) Thanks Cracker_Sixx.

Im sure that people will find it usefull. Sorry for not trusting you, but you know the saying, "once bitten, twice shy".

Thanks for sharing.

who_me_use_seq
08-18-2003, 09:07 PM
/bow Cracker_Sixx :)

LordCrush
08-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Leeched Source :D

Thank You

Cracker_Sixx
08-19-2003, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the positive replies...

I have alot planned for this program (which was part of the reason I didnt release the code initially)...

Ultimate goal here is to draw relevant information onto the EQ screen itself (the EQ client screen). What will be displayed is still up in the air until i find some needed and practical uses.

As those who have actually looked at the source have noticed, I'm working on displaying, in-game, some text output from this program so that there is no need for switching tasks. My current thought is using the GDI to accomplish this (which means it will flicker badly due to not being able to draw on eq's DX backbuffer).

But I have seen it in action and depending on the use, the flicker is bearable, unless someone has an idea that they can help me implement.

-Cracker_sixx

S_B_R
08-19-2003, 08:13 AM
You should look into MacroQuest (http://macroquest.sourceforge.net/), thier /who command is just what you are looking for.

KaL
08-19-2003, 12:07 PM
I'd love to see stuff drawn in-game, but please look into DirectX overlays instead of using the GDI.. it can be done!

Xylobot (http://www.xylobot.com) does it, and this guy (http://www.fraps.com) has a FPS counter that overlays on top of your game, and can also record video in 640x480.

Fatal
08-19-2003, 06:37 PM
like this?

http://www31.brinkster.com/eqlog/screen.asp

Just had someone submit this to my website yesterday. hes billing it as a windows based showeq ..but I havent downloaded it to check it out as i didnt see the source anywhere and homey dont play that.

Dedpoet
08-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Oooooooh, neat!

KaL
08-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Well, assuming it has to be in memory before you run EQ, like the other memory sniffers, I'd hesitate to run it.

Would love to get a source copy, though..

KaL

Cracker_Sixx
09-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Ok, I'm going to try to make this as least confusing as I can, but its a confusing scenario :)

I have run into a very wierd problem with EQMobTracker. When I run the program from within the visual studio IDE under debug mode, everything works as expected, the zone spawn list is populated fine. However, after a compile and executing the stand-alone exe file, No mob data is returned. The program simply does nothing.

This is on my primary machine. The machine the program is written on and the primary EQ box. Another weird thing is, the same compiled exe works as intended (without being in the IDE) on my secondary computer?!?!

I have even excluded the idea that maybe it was just my primary machine that it didn't work on by having a 3rd party person try the complied exe. They got the same results that I do on my primary machine... IE: It doesnt do jack shit!

I'm confused on why this is happening and it's putting a serious damper on my will to evolve the program seeing as I cant even guarantee it will work outside the IDE (which lots of people dont even have).

Does anyone have any insight as to why this happens?
Anxiously awaiting any help you guys are willing to give.

Also: for anyone that cares, I have a new version that will constantly check your zone for a set spawn and audiably notify you (using sapi text to speech) that the spawn is up. The frequency of the check is adjustable in minutes.

Benefit of my program is that its lightweight easy to use and works well (from WITHIN THE IDE unless you have a LUCKY computer, heh)

edit:
version 1.0 is available at:
http://cracker_sixx.home.comcast.net/

I have posted the source to an earlier version here and will send new version source to whoever is interested in it via email. Email me at:
[email protected]

TIA,
-CS

Zaphod
09-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Cracker_Sixx

I'm confused on why this is happening and it's putting a serious damper on my will to evolve the program seeing as I cant even guarantee it will work outside the IDE (which lots of people dont even have).

Does anyone have any insight as to why this happens?
Anxiously awaiting any help you guys are willing to give.

A few things:

What are the operating systems on the computers that work / don't work without the IDE?
Have you tried to see what happens when running it under a different debugger, such as WinDbg (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/ddk/debugging/default.mspx) or ntsd (which comes with 2k and XP).?
Do you have different OS/tool updates on the computer's that work vs. the ones that don't?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Cracker_Sixx
09-07-2003, 01:08 AM
thanks for the quick reply :)

Both machines that I personally tested it on (my primary and secondary) are running winXP both current on patches.

Good idea to try running it under another debugger (doh, why didnt i think of that) I have olly installed and will give that a shot.

Ill report back with my findings...

-CS

Cracker_Sixx
09-07-2003, 01:20 AM
bah due to it being a c# program (I assume anyway) OllyDBG complains about it not being a valid win32 executable. The throws an exception.

Anyone willing to download the source, run from IDE then compile and run from exe file and report their findings?

When testing:

Just press the "Refresh EQ Data" button. If you get a spawn list in the listbox, it worked. If you dont, it didnt :( No need to set a track.

source code attached

Zaphod
09-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Cracker_Sixx

Just press the "Refresh EQ Data" button. If you get a spawn list in the listbox, it worked. If you dont, it didnt :( No need to set a track.

I'm not a C# person, but it sounds like you have either an unitialized variable or aren't checking the return status of one of your method calls.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

junk
09-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Try OllyDbg (http://home.t-online.de/home/Ollydbg/)

Cracker_Sixx
09-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Junk, read my previous posts. Olly was tried and fails...

Cracker_Sixx
09-07-2003, 03:22 PM
I got the problem fixed, thanks for your input guys.

I had to open the process in debug mode in order for the read to work... (which is still odd as without it it still worked on a different computer) But either way, It works now...

domesticbeer
09-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Small suggestion after looking at the code. Would be nice to read the memory address values from an INI file. That way what a patch happens that file can get updated and not have to recomplie the whole app.

junk
09-09-2003, 12:48 PM
You know, when I was reading through this thread I could've SWORE that you said something other than OllyDbg - my mistake =)

domesticbeer
09-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Hmm tried to complie this and it is missing a referenced DLL speechlib. Where did you get that from? Googled it and found some references to a MS Speech SDK beta 1.0 software. Is that correct?

Cracker_Sixx
09-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Yea but it should be created for you automatically for you on compile.

This is where its being setup:
using SpeechLib;

You can download the compiled version which has the outputted DLL with it at my website.

http://cracker_sixx.home.comcast.net/

this is also where I outline the changes made per version.

domesticbeer
09-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry nope, SpeechLib is an add on that is provided from Microsoft. If you dont have the Speech SDK installed it wont know what to do with it.

Cracker_Sixx
09-25-2003, 08:37 PM
hmm i dont remember installing it, but I prolly did a while back. I'll have to build an installer or include the speech library installer with the zip file.