PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the intrusion

Nish
08-21-2003, 01:17 PM
As I have been a way from the SEQ project for some time, didn't really need it, I have had to re-install from scratch. While this is normally a good thing IMO, it has caused me some great confusion. As I look over the threads I see a lot of talk about offsets, but can find no real current information about SEQ using them ( I assume most of that is for the other projects) and a lot of other talk about patches, Is no one working on keeping the project upto date?

Now for my real problem, I have completly re-installed RH 8, and pulled the CVS of SEQ, had a few problems at first with the compile Search was my friend and got them fixed, SEQ is fully compiled (I believe) but I am not getting any decodes. I recieved no errors on final combine and everything looks as I remember it from last...I could find very little on the MBs other then adding the patches, I DL 2 one was a zip of to files that i Copied ot eh src dir, the other was a patch.diff file that I then Patched.... I'm hoping i was blind and missed a patch or something real simple.

Also all I'm really looking for is ground spawn info is this functionality still in SEQ, would I be better of with one of the other projects for this. Thanks in advance for the help, and as always thanks for the work everyone jas/is putting into this project

LordCrush
08-21-2003, 02:14 PM
*Sigh* ... use the button starting with S....... enter "patch" ...nm

look here:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3768&highlight=patch

perhaps more is needed .. but since i don play on us server any more i dont know

/em seem to be in a good mood today ;)

Good Night all :p

S_B_R
08-21-2003, 02:55 PM
in short, Completely delete the SEQ source you have right now.
Re-download the source from CVS.
Apply the patches.
Compile the code
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure && make && make install

Nish
08-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Yes the S..... button is Great! But as I has stated, I had used, Oh and By the way I did do all that, as My cry for help states... But to be complete, I will do it agian!!!

And LordCrush this is the exact message I used to do my inital compile :) http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/s...highlight=patch

If but if (as I suspect) this don't work does anyone have any other Idea's

I know you all get asked the same questions day in and day out, but you know some of us arn't complete morons like some of you assume

S_B_R
08-21-2003, 07:27 PM
The thing is, the instructions you said you used do result in a working SEQ binary. So obviously you have done something incorrectly or skipped a step somewhere.

It's not like we're hiding some super secret magical step that miraculously makes it work. All we can do is point out common fixes. It's up to you to try them and get a working SEQ, or not to try them and continue with your broken version.

Nish
08-21-2003, 09:01 PM
So again I follow the instructions as outlined in http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/s...highlight=patch,

Basicly I deleted the first source I CVSd made a NEW dir, and RE-CVSd, cp the libeq.h file to libEQ.h then downloaded the patchs (2 from Zoolander, one was the 2 files that are copied to the src dir, the other was the Diff file which I patched, and a quick fix from merrlin!!!, Recompiled No errors, great! start up the app and bingo still not working, I can't see where it's doing anything, I see no packet information in the network Diagnostics, It is pointing to my EQ box's IP (tripled checked that). The only way I know that it's even tring to do anything is the fact that the terminal window I use to start the app gives me line after line of INVALID PACKET errors.. and also an error about Decoder has been manually disabled due to a missing libEQ.a

so If you have a clue and don't mind tring to help great, I'll anwser any question I can requarding this

LordCrush
08-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Do you see packets from your EQ-PC with TCPDUMP ?

Nish
08-22-2003, 07:53 AM
yes I do get traffic form all of my EQ boxs, and the one I intend to use SEQ agenst! Is it posiable that during my RH install I missed a RPM and was still able to compile?

S_B_R
08-22-2003, 11:05 AM
The other question would be can you see traffic going TO your EQ PC from SOE's servers. Also maybe discribe your network topology as best you can, like:
Cable Modem
|
--Linksys Hub--
| |
ShowEQ EQ-PC and what is at 10mbit and what's at 100mbit, if anything, details are good.

Nish
08-22-2003, 09:15 PM
I see alot of traffic with the tcpdump, not sure if it's EQ traffice or not, but really picks up when i zone So I assume yes I see it! Network looks like this

Internet
||
||
Cable Modem
||
||
Linksys internet router
|| 10.10.x.x ||
|| ||
firewall DMZ
||
|| 192.168.xx.xxx
NetGear ds108 (hub)
||
==============================
|| || ||
Gaming Gaming SEQ

This setup was workign with previous installs of SEQ, and nothing has changed other then the SEQ code. I have also put both a Gaming PC (for EQ) and the SEQ box in the DMZ so as to rule out the firewall

LordCrush
08-23-2003, 01:41 AM
And you are really sure that SEQ looks on the right IP ?

Nish
08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
I'm 99.99999E % sure, I'll triple check my IPs... other then that is there any of the other SEQ Clones that will show Ground spawns, as that is all I am really looking for atm... I don't really need to know Mob info/locs or anything like that... but picking up/foraging Yew leafs is a royal Pain in the A$$

junk
08-25-2003, 10:52 AM
MySEQ shows ground spawn information.