PDA

View Full Version : No, I don't know why the site has been unavailable today

Ratt
08-27-2003, 02:20 PM
I have no idea why seq.sourceforge.net was not responding to PHP parsing properly today...

Seems to be back up now though.

Ramirez
08-27-2003, 02:27 PM
Its all part of the big SoE scheme :-)))

/grins

BlueAdept
08-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Did you forget to feed the gerbils again? I think they went on strike and that is why the site was unavailable! :D

HRPuffinstuff
08-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Perhaps y'all didn't check sourceforge.net and learn that they suffered a severe hardware failure this last weekend . . .

HR

Ratt
08-28-2003, 09:00 AM
I did... but everything was supposedly restored from tape.

Well, it seems the tape backup left off a number of files. One of the nice people at SF was able to get all the old files off of the crashed system and copied them over.

Hence everything is well. Even if we had lost the whole site, the DB was still intact and I make backups as well, so it wouldn't have been catastrophic.

However, it brings up another question; Do ya'll like the portal format, or would you like to go back to just the message board format?

Dedpoet
08-28-2003, 09:33 AM
I personally only ever use the forums and occassionally the private message box, but I do like the current layout. I'm sure others use more of the boxes than I do.

Elyon
08-28-2003, 11:33 AM
I like the current format Ratt.

futuro
08-28-2003, 01:59 PM
I like the new format too.

And Bucky is getting beaten up by a chicken in today's strip :rolleyes:

S_B_R
08-28-2003, 02:30 PM
it would be nice if there was some visual que for people to distinguish between news articles form each of the projects now using this site.

I'm guess just tired of the "MySEQ isn't working plz hlp!" threads in the SEQ forums ;)