PDA

View Full Version : installing for newbies

sturgan
08-28-2003, 07:56 PM
Well I have been a long time user of ShowEQ and the search feature has always come in handy for any questions I might have had with myself being a total newbie to linux, infact I dont use Linux for anything else.
So here is my 2 cents

It always seems after we get a new version of ShowEQ the newbie questions start up.
I myself had a little trouble with this version but all was made clear by reading one file.

In your showeq dir there is a file INSTALL.newbies this cleared up alot of things for me. espeacially when it comes to qt3.0.5

So from a newbie to a newbies please look at all possible answers before starting a new thread the search feature on this forum is exellent.

Thankyou all for the hard work you put into bringing ShowEQ upto date and for bringing so many things to light in your hidden files for newbies

SeqTester
08-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Doh... I missread his post. Sorry.

Krackerjack
09-15-2003, 06:31 PM
after trying various searches , I cannot find a INSTALL.newbie anywhere. Anyone care to post it so that I can follow the instuctions as it is printed?

install-newbie
install_newbie
INSTALL.newbie
redhat install
new install

Just a few of the many triggers I tried before posting. And I love search, when it gives me the results I need.

Zaphod
09-15-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Krackerjack
after trying various searches , I cannot find a INSTALL.newbie anywhere. Anyone care to post it so that I can follow the instuctions as it is printed?

install-newbie
install_newbie
INSTALL.newbie
redhat install
new install

Just a few of the many triggers I tried before posting. And I love search, when it gives me the results I need.
Umm, INSTALL.newbies and INSTALL are both included in CVS and each and every single tarball I have posted right in the top level directory

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Dedpoet
09-16-2003, 06:40 AM
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies

Click on the first download link to see the file.

Or, if you already have downloaded the software, look in the docs driectory of wherever you downloaded it to.

Krackerjack
09-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks fellas. Much appreciated.