PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Spawns with the 4.3.9 (tarball)

LordCrush
08-29-2003, 12:59 AM
Hi all,

Complied 4.3.9 yesterday just fine, on initial zone-in everything works and i get colored spawns.
But every spawn after this is shown as unknown.

Running SUSE 7.3, Gcc 3.03, Qt 3.0.5

Perhaps i am missing an aditional fix out of the threads with the Opcodes and the Decode.cpp

/shrug

Thanx in advance :D

DebianSEQ
08-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Same here. The initial dump of mobs is fine, but the new spawns are not quit correct. I've also noticed the code for removing ground spawns after being picked up are not working.

LordCrush
08-29-2003, 02:32 AM
There may be more issues, but i had not enough time to test more... compiled SEQ yersterday during Raid :p

minigirl
08-29-2003, 04:29 AM
Have had np this first night with a virgin 4.3.9 tarball install .. RH7.2 ...otherwise same as original poster.

I ran seq more than 6 hours and I saw...to my recollection not one single unknown - just lots of beatyfull skitties :=).

Worked flawless. Infact i now see a much faster "zone compiling " on my showeq machine ...noticeabley faster redraws and updates whilte i zone in.

only qubble i had was the runspeed...but thats a minor one.

( all this info is then show remotely to an old laptop that show a VNC display of the SEQ "server" :P )

mini

Hendrix_Morton
08-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by minigirl

only qubble i had was the runspeed...but thats a minor one.

I miss runspeed...what happened to it...cant seem to find the switch to turn it back on...

minigirl
08-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Hi Hendrix

I miss runspeed...what happened to it...cant seem to find the switch to turn it back on...

Interface -> statusbar -> enable Runspeed.

my opinon was that it does not show correctely.

in seq 4.3.8 i may have had topspeed at 231 ..now it shows as 4 ...

mini

S_B_R
08-29-2003, 09:20 AM
The only Unknowns I had durring my 3 hours of playtime lastnight were actually PC's that entered the zone after me. Not one of the unknowns ever turned out to be an NPC.

LordCrush
08-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Hmmm i will check that S_B_R - thnx

minigirl
08-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by S_B_R
The only Unknowns I had durring my 3 hours of playtime lastnight were actually PC's that entered the zone after me. Not one of the unknowns ever turned out to be an NPC.

Scarry.....

S_B_R and Lordcrúsh ..ive been in Bazaar for 5+ hours..This high traficated zone has not yet produced me one single unknown skittle.

PS: yes i have show unknown on aswell ( Create unknown Spawns + View unknown data )

Mini

LordCrush
08-29-2003, 10:22 AM
I had selected "Create unknown spawns" too ... Default :p

Will test this today a bit.

Ok Test on Bazaar ... Unkown Spawns off -> no unknown :D
BUT i don see any PC who zones into the bazaar. => PC spawns come as unknown

Going on to test with NPCs ..

LordCrush
08-29-2003, 11:36 AM
I get only unknown spawns after initial Zonein ... if i turn of "Create unknown spawns" i see no new spawns
/shrug

S_B_R
08-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Hmmmm, I was in PoV lastnight for most of the time, and cleared the quite a few mobs, all of which respawned an known spawns. Not really much of a test I know, where I did see unknowns was in PoK lot's a of PC traffic through there. ;)

LordCrush
08-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Still getting only unknown spawns after intital zonein .. with the new Version 4.3.10 too :(

The output on the console looks everytime like this, but it is not the same opcode every time:

Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/Poknowledge.map'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_poknowledge.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
Your player's id is 2344
WARNING: MakeDropCode (00f3) (dataLen:2 != sizeof(makeDropStruct):94)!
dispatchSplitData(): WARNING OpCode 0xc552 will not be processed due to loss
dispatchSplitData(): recieved new fragment seq 0x0008 before completion of 0x0007
Lost sync, relog or zone to reset
uncompress failed on 0xb2c5: data error
no further attempts will be made until zone.Player::backfill():
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/Potranquility.map'
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_potranquility.conf'.
Loading default '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'.
Lost sync, relog or zone to reset
uncompress failed on 0xb2c5: data error
no further attempts will be made until zone.Your player's id is 1514

Perhaps i have a lib that is outdateded or so /shrug

Thank you for any hints in advance =)

Deminq
08-31-2003, 11:03 PM
I had it happen to me last night with 4.3.9 upon zoning into Dreadlands. Funny thing is, I had just came from there and was there approx. 5-6 hours with spawns respawning as known the whole time, and then bugged when I came back from banking in PoK. So it's not a for sure thing that it will always bug like that, at least from my experience last night.

LordCrush
09-01-2003, 12:22 AM
I have tested this intensively the last days ... sadly i get the error in each zone ... for about 18h of playtime the last weekend :(

BadgerOne
09-01-2003, 03:51 AM
Same here, upon zone in, I get all the skittles but every new spawn is unknown.

Tested Zones: Nadox, Grimling Forrest, Acrylia Caverns

Tarball: 4.3.9 and 4.3.10

Badger

Deminq
09-01-2003, 05:58 AM
Dreadlands worked fine for me tonight for ~5 hours using 4.3.10. I had some segfaulting issues right after I installed the new version, but a rebuild cleared it up.

LordCrush
09-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Have tried it on new SUSE 8.2 but works not better ... so no outdated library :/

Hendrix_Morton
09-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Same issue on Redhat 9....everything is fine upon zone in, but everything (Players and Mobs) all show up as unknown after that...

HM

LordCrush
09-03-2003, 12:43 AM
There is a new thread about this in the General Discussion Forum

Plz post there

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=3945

@Admin plz lock this thread to concentrate the post in one thread