View Full Version : spyeq

swc123
08-30-2003, 08:24 PM
just wondering if anyone knows about spyeq and if its a safe program to use

here is link for it
http://www31.brinkster.com/eqlog/home.asp

S_B_R
08-31-2003, 01:07 AM
The only way for anyone to say it's truely safe would be for author to publish thier source code and allow the community to verify it's functionality. I mean someone could easily tell you "Sure it's safe." You have to take the word of a total stranger for what's worth, they could be in on it with the author of that program... ;)

sturgan
09-01-2003, 07:54 PM
from what I have seen looks as if information is shown to you with in the EQ screen itself. Who knows what memory info is being changed with the EQ data , I'm sure its all local changes but its changing the way that EQ is portrayed to you visably. This seems like a way that SOE can legally detect you by looking up there own info within your memory. Am I not mistaken.

junk
09-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I doubt they're writing directly to EQ's memory space (maybe the DirectX memory space), but I wouldn't run a closed-source program like that anyways so it doesn't really matter. :)

Cracker_Sixx
09-06-2003, 11:17 PM
The way he is doing it is using GDI to do all his drawing. Which is why it flickers so badly.

I investigated drawing this way with my program (EQMobTracker) and so far its the only way I have been able to draw on top of the EQ screen.

Its undetectable by SOE (well speaking on the drawing portion, not the reading of EQ's memory) because it draws directly on top of whatever is being displayed currently, regardless of what it is. Its not using any of EQ's drawing functions.

-CS