PDA

View Full Version : Experience

6xjsito1ThA=
09-01-2003, 11:05 AM
I got ShowEQ to run NP from the 4.3.10 tarball. However the experinec log does not seem to work at all. Is this a known issue, or do I have something messed up with either my config or the build?

Thanks,
EqTorch

who_me_use_seq
09-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Up at the top of the page is a button that says "SEARCH" on it. I tried it once. You know it really works.

You know what else? Sometimes it can keep you from asking dumb ass questions.

Try it.

6xjsito1ThA=
09-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Yes, I tried search a few time and did not get any results back. I mean that the search would time out each time. I then tried the ShowEQ FAQ, but that is a broken link to macsrule.com. I was able to see that there were no similar topics in the last 30 days, but I did see a topic suggesting that it did work as recent as the beginning of Aug.

I am new here so I don't know whether the slow network is a SNAFU or not. I am also not sure what you wanted me to find in the search. I still do not know if this is a known issue or something I need to configure.

I don't mind if you send another flame telling me I am wasting bandwidth by not looking harder. But if you do, can you at least give me a hint regarding my question and not just a pure flame?

Mr. Suspicious
09-01-2003, 04:09 PM
yes

BlueAdept
09-01-2003, 07:05 PM
A while ago Sony changed experience so that it only showed how much to increment the bar and not the true numerical experience. So basically xp has to be approximated until you zone (which then shows the true xp amount).

Ever since then, I dont think the xp window has been a high priority. I am not sure if it even works any more. There are a lot of other stuff that needs fixing.

6xjsito1ThA=
09-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks Blue Adept and Mr. Suspicious, for the information.

I was aware of the change some time ago where they stopped sending the exp numbers, but was under the impression that there was code that estimated the experience by the amount of movement of the exp bar. I know this would not be acurate for each kill since it would not move for some kills and then jump on the next kill. However it would still be able to generate a EPH rating and other usefull stats.

I thought SEQ already did this, my bad.

S_B_R
09-02-2003, 08:07 AM
It did work the way you described. However it stopped working with the release of Planes of Power, and I don't believe it's worked since. I guess maybe it's been forgotten...
:confused:

UnGod
09-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Well, it's not exactally forgotten, the XP window (even post-1/330 updates) was one of my favoritest features of SEQ while xp huntin :) I loved knowing approximatly how many more kills I needed, etc, etc.

As I've been dabbling in the code more often than not recently, perhaps I'l get the nerve up to rewrite the xp window in a somewhat workable form, give it a few weeks and I'm sure you'll see somethin eventually ;)

Though it will never come close to the former glory of it :) stupid 1/330 crap :P

First things first, must make SEQ read SOE maps!
Second thing, must make XP window look goooooooooooooood!

Belith/UnGod

Cheshire_Dragon
09-15-2003, 09:45 AM
YAY! /Praise UnGod :)
A few months ago I had an urge to start learning to program simply so I could fix that damn EXP window. Just self teaching and have not been doing all that great but the thrill of learning something else makes it that much more fun. I have been waiting forever and a few more weeks is not going to hurt. Take your time and make it gooooooood hehehe :)

Raistlin
09-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Isn't there stuff showing up on the XP window at this point? I Know for a fact nothing was showing up on it earlier (pre .10 and possibly pre .12)...and now there's at least SOMETHING showing on the window. *shrug* No clue if it's correct or not, it's been FOREVER since i've actually used it to decide where to hunt...the higher the level the more "0"s you get / kill...

Oh and a slight /derail here. I dont' know who it was who fixed the combat window (particularly the DPS tracking portion) but you ARE a God...if it was you UnGod, take the Un off the front of that, and if it was Zaphod I just suggest making him king and being done with it..:)

Thanks for the .12 release to everyone who put time into it...there are a few memorable SEQ releases...the release that broke the SEQ encryption, and now .12. It's got to be the best release of SEQ since. Thanks again.