PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ Broken or working?

gp1001
09-02-2003, 06:14 AM
I guess i am a little unclear, Is MYSEQ Broken or fixed?
Are there new offsets or is it a little more complicated than just having the correct offsets?

Jono
09-02-2003, 06:45 AM
I know for me with the 26-aug offsets it's currently broken. I get an overflow error when I hit the go button.

However others report it working. At the moment I think the current offsets have highlighted a bug which manifests itself on certain operating systems.

slartibartfast
09-02-2003, 07:55 AM
It works for me.

There is a problem running the Server on windows 98.

Windows ME is just Win98 2nd edition rebadged to make gullable people go out and spend more money upgrading. (Ok its slightly different but the differences are miniscule)

When zonning the mob list gets nuked in the EQclient, but for some reason on win 98 machines MYSEQ server still sends mob + item packets, but they contain essentially random bits of data. When the server tries to draw the mobs at loc 1234453214235, -321423534235, 678833212321, with a heading of 8766574211, and a velocity of -245437568, it throws a wobbly and u end up with a red cross instead of a map.

I was working on putting some sanity checking into the server portion, so that it does not send these invalid mob + item data, but i got sidetracked by the patch. It probably could also be fixed by putting try catches round all the draw routines.

SchwannyT
09-05-2003, 04:29 PM
I've had the same problem since the 26-Aug offsets. However not in every zone. I've noticed that Plane of Knowledge, Ferrott, GD, and Velks works fine, however RM and NK give me an overflow error. The mob lists work, but the map just puts up the big red X.

I'm running the server and client on seperate machines, but both are win 98
I've tried it on the 1.10, 1.12 and 1.13 clients and they all work the same.
Is there some way I can test the server? Or is there anything else I can try? I'm not a very good C or .net programmer but I'm ok a troubleshooting :).

Hope this helps, if not just ignore

cavemanbob
09-06-2003, 12:58 AM
I can't really fix or diagnose anything major until I get access to my PC again, but I'll have a look through for things that could cause overflow errors. Has anyone having these troubles tried the newer non-offical submitted version and had these problems?

This could very well be due to something stupid I've done in some respect, so if anyone has any ideas please submit them. :)

Phrede
09-06-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm having the same types of problems with the modified version.

I can get into the server, start the game, start client, make attachment, then watch the mob list scroll up and get a map (sometimes) and after a few seconds the client crashes out with an over-flow error. Some zones I don't even get the map up, but it doesn't seem to be zone dependant.

What I mean is, sometimes it works great all night long, other times I can't get it working at all, or if I do, works for an hour and the blitzes out, or sometimes only 5 minutes.

This has happened in every zone I've been in, recently, too... :/

HTH

Phrede

Cheater
09-08-2003, 02:39 AM
Has anyone having these troubles tried the newer non-offical submitted version and had these problems?

If you mean the version with seperate filters for each zone etc, then yes. Same thing

Reading_Rainbow
09-08-2003, 03:22 PM
after saturday it stopped working for me :\
not sure what happened over night but when I woke up it said 'Server not connected' or something :\
I've tried everything, still nothing :(

sauron
09-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Just an FYI -- the modified version (uses Filters) has been working 100% perfectly for me until today -- well the servers haven't come back up yet, but I'm sure the LDoN patch will require a new .ini file.

I'm running server and client on WinXP machines. Again, I've not had one problem and visit many zones (even RM a few days ago).

So we all aren't broken here :p

SchwannyT
09-25-2003, 01:02 PM
I've been having problems with overflows when I start the client on my second macheine (both server and client run on win98 machines). In another thread it mentioned removing code that draws the ground spawns and I tried it and it almost worked. So encuraged by that I simply removed the [Ground Spawn] section from my .ini file and it works fine now. Granted I dont get ground spawn information, but it works with both the 1.12 and 1.13 client, all the time.

Give it a try

cavemanbob
09-29-2003, 02:00 PM
That's interesting, I guess both the red X and the overflows are caused at least some of the time by the ground spawns, maybe I can finally track this bug down.