PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions

tigerknight
09-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Why am I getting the error about itemdata.dbm does not exist? I checked my configure output and I have a line of 'checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes', but then I also have a line of 'checking whether to build with Berkeley DB3... no'. [I've checked the FAQ, read the README's, and searched the forums (which only has results from two months ago or more).]

Also - what is 'checking whether to build with profiling... no'?

who_me_use_seq
09-05-2003, 08:44 AM
I just did a search on "itemdata.dbm does not exist". The answer is in the first result.

Searching actually works better than just saying that you have searched.

tigerknight
09-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Instead of just bashing on me why don't you read my whole frickin question first, hmm?

Specificly the part about 'checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes' and asking if that should have been enough for it to create itemdata.dbm successfully. I do have Berkeley v3 installed, and when running the --with-db3 I get the following error:

checking for db_cxx.h... no
configure: error: cannot find db_cxx.h
./configure: exit: bad non-numeric arg `necessary'
./configure: exit: bad non-numeric arg `necessary'

altaica:~/seq/showeq# dpkg -l|grep Berkeley
ii libberkeleydb- 0.17-1 Use Berkeley DB 3 databases from Perl
ii libdb1-compat 2.1.3-7 The Berkeley database routines [glibc 2.0/2.
ii libdb2 2.7.7.0-7 The Berkeley database routines (run-time fil
ii libdb3 3.2.9-16 Berkeley v3 Database Libraries [runtime]
ii libdb3-dev 3.2.9-16 Berkeley v3 Database Libraries [development]

Apparently it would seem that I'm missing a file but I'm not sure what package it comes in. Searching for 'berkeley' on debian's package page brings up over 400 results - lovely.

Not to mention the fact that you didn't even get more than 10 words into my original post before whipping out the flames and totally disregarding my second question.

Care to try again with a bit less chip on that shoulder?

junk
09-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Why didn't you search for "db_cxx.h" on Debian's package contents search page (http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents)? That brings up:

FILE PACKAGE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
usr/include/db2/db_cxx.h devel/libdb2++-dev

usr/include/db_cxx.h devel/libdb2++-dev,devel/libdb3++-dev

usr/share/doc/db3-doc/html/ref/upgrade.3.0/db_cxx.html doc/db3-doc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't have libdb3++-dev installed, you just have libdb3-dev - they're two different packages.

tigerknight
09-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Ahh - thankyou :] I'd tried to search for the file but didn't get that result. Seemed to go well at first, configure and most of make went alright, but then I hit this:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb_cxx
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Not sure what to do now, I checked to make sure it was in the ld.conf file, ran ldconfig, and verified the contents of the installed package and tried again - same thing.

And still: What is profiling for in the configure script?