PDA

View Full Version : Patch for Combat Window 9-8-2003 (cvs diff -u)

UnGod
09-08-2003, 06:00 AM
As the subject kinda implies, there is a new patch in the archives for the combat window and some other misc things.

Adds 3 new weapon IDs for some various weapons I've seen in Veksar: Ta'Nak, Re'Stek, and Ch'Ror

Structure update for NewCorpseStruct (required for combat
window)

Small change to the way a printf was (changed from %d to %lld) to avoid an annoying compile time warning

Added a hook: combatKillSpawn to interface.cpp to call combatSignal which allows the final killing blow on an npc to register in the combat window

Combat Window updates:

Spells now show correctly

Damage shields also show "correctly"
(this is still 'beta', it works, but not perfectly, the 'iType' for damage shields varies depending on which you have on you, and also if it is a killing shot via DS, a small switch was added to give the name for known combat skills, iType 231 (non-melee) and the default is for damage shields (so far works perfect))

The only downfall of the damage shield switch is if say they add a new monk skill: Flying Poodle that uses an iType of say 15 as the 'pisses on' message, this new skill will show up as a damage shield.

I've been trying to get DoT damage to show in the combat window as well, but as far as I can tell, the only packet sent when a dot goes off is a formatted message code, I could pull the data out of that, but that seemed a little too junky and it wouldn't get the target ID and such.

If anyone has seen any other information passed along the wire when the DoT messages kick in, I'd love to hear about it (specifically the opcode used) :)

Have fun,
It's not much, but it does add a little functionality to the window, and now you can see what your max critical blast with a focused anarchy is or what have you :)
(And highest backstab damage when you backstab for <uber amount> but it happened to kill the mob so it wasn't recorded! *SNIFFS!*)

Belith/UnGod

Zaphod
09-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Ugh, you just missed my CVS commit. Doh!
I'll have to see how it combines with all my structure and opcode changes...

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Zaphod
09-08-2003, 07:53 AM
I just checked your patch and it goes cleanly against 4.3.11.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

UnGod
09-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Hehe, I have good timing eh'? ;)

Nice to see regular CVS commits again, even though SF's CVS kinda sucks these days.

Belith/UnGod