PDA

View Full Version : opcodes.h Sept 9

Talorn
09-09-2003, 05:56 PM
untested.

0x0134 i'm gonna say is maybe mob update. ( or npchpupdate )

0x00bd Warsong of Zek has ended.

I will plug this in as soon as I can to get there respected VARS

-Talorn

Talorn
09-09-2003, 06:38 PM
tested
GuildListCode 0x0055
xTradeSpellBookSlotsCode 0x018f
xBuffDropCode 0x00bd
CorpseLocCode 0x0279
GuildMemberUpdate 0x0257

0x01bd has something to do with conning dead things :)

0x02c5 is all your equipment havent found the associated var for it yet though. ( ok well its already set that way. and i noticed the comment in opcodes explaing whats up with it. )

-Talorn

Zaphod
09-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Some right, some wrong, and some close but representing different actions. ;)

Let's see, GuildListCode only comes from the world server and is still 0x0059. 0x0055 is what I now call the GuildMemberListCode (formerly GuildMemberUpdateCode). and 0x0257 is now the GuildMemberUpdateCode.

Ok, xTradeSpellBookSlotsCode is indeed 0x018f. However xBuffDropCode is still 0x0150 (which gives the specific spellId and spell slot that are fading). 0x00bd appears to be a spell faded message and doesn't appear to be previously covered, so I'm calling it SpellFadedCode.

I'm not sure what 0x0279 is, but CorpseLocCode is still 0x00d1.

0x02c5 is the many purposed item struct, used not only for your inventory, but that of vendors, and items you pick up, and... Yes, the swiss army knife opcode... It slices, it dices, it even juliennes...

I suspect you twiddled two digits when you mention 0x01bd, because cConCorpseCode is 0x01db. Could ya double check?

0x0134 appears to represent the current attack animation being used by a spawn and has been given the new AttackAnimationCode.

Most opcodes have remained the same with the patch. The principle changes have been to structures.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Talorn
09-10-2003, 05:53 PM
whoa sorry for the bad info.
0x01db - I get this when I con corpses. Could it be a new code for corpse timer?

Try to do better next time. And thanks for all the work you put in Zaphod.

-Talorn

Zaphod
09-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Actually, the fact that you found previously undocumented opcodes and narrowed down there usage was a good thing. Your attempts to assist are greatly appreciated.

Over time you'll learn to better discern the different opcodes. One thing that I find helps is to turn on logging on one of your characters the night before the patch and do a bit of running around doing predictable and moderately repeatable activities (zone, con creatures/corpses, open/close GM's/vendors, etc.). Then when you are done you move that zone log to a different name or a different directory. Then after the patch you turn on the logging again and try to do similar activities with the same character(s) and compare what you get post patch to what you got pre-patch. Also, look for the warnings about structure size differences. And when looking at opcodes it helps to look for stuff that has a similar size/organization to what existed pre-patch. One of these days I'll have to write up a tutorial, but until then I hope this helps...

Thanks and Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)