PDA

View Full Version : showeq.xml!

Satchel
09-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Showeq installed without errors running RH 9. Unsure what I did wrong, but it seems to be something with showeq.xml. I checked in /usr/local/share/showeq and the file showeq.xml isn't there, but the file seqdef.xml.

Nothing happened after I entered the below command.

2.3 Starting ShowEQ
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5
[]# cd /usr/local/bin
[]# ./showeq eth0 --ip-address=10.0.0.10

Did the follow and recieve the following below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1
]# cd /usr/local/bin
]# ./showeq eth0 -ip-address=0.0.0.0(my eq ip)
ShowEQ 4.3.12, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000-2003 by the respective ShowEQ Developers
Binary distribution without source code and resale are explictily NOT authorized by ANY party.
If you have paid for this software in any way, shape, or form, the person selling the
software is doing so in violation of the express wishes and intents of the authors of this product.

Please see http://seq.sourceforge.net for further information

Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Unable to open file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device p-address=192.168.1.100, searching for EQ client...
pcap_error:pcap_open_live(p-address=192.168.1.100): ioctl: No such device

Satchel

datadog
09-12-2003, 07:01 PM
I believe the xml file is created the first time you run showeq.

You seem to have a permissions problem.

Are you running as root ?

Satchel
09-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Yes I am running as root.

Dedpoet
09-12-2003, 10:59 PM
This is your problem:

Filtering packets on device p-address=192.168.1.100, searching for EQ client...

Are you sure you're putting 2 dashes in from of the "ip-address" argument? I don't think you are because that error seems to indicate you're trying to use the "-i" switch and Seq thinks everything following it is the name of the device you want to use. Try the command again, noting that "-i" means "interface" and "--ip-address" means exactly that. In Unix commands the double dash usually means you are going to use a multi-character word as a switch, while the single dash indicates a single character. Try this (obviously, replacing the 0's with your IP).

# showeq -i eth0 --ip-address=0.0.0.0

Satchel
09-13-2003, 01:05 AM
and Bingo!