PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ is running but no window opens

Cos
09-15-2003, 11:24 AM
I am running the 4.3.12 tar of showEQ I compiled qt successfully with thread support. It would also seem that I have compiled ShowEQ correctly with no errors but, when I run ShowEQ it starts the same way it has in the past but this time no window opens. I checked top to see if it was running and it says that it is.
I hope that this is a simple fix. but as I am so far unable to figure out the problem I come here seeking ideas on where I might look or perhaps a soloution.

S_B_R
09-15-2003, 12:29 PM
You may have your $DISPLAY environment variable set incorrectly.
echo $DISPLAY that should probably give you something like ":0.0" or "localhost:0.0" if it gives you anything else try resetting it. You could also try
xhost + localhostFinally Do you have X running?

Cos
09-15-2003, 12:51 PM
ok when I typed "echo #$DISPLAY" it displayed nothing
when I typed "xhost + localhost" it said xhost: unable to open display"" and yes I do have X running

domesticbeer
09-15-2003, 12:52 PM
dumb question but did you run through the XConfig util?

Cos
09-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes I did configure x but for some reason seq still cannot connect to the X server localhost:0.0
I really dont know what might be causing this any ideas ?

Dedpoet
09-16-2003, 06:42 AM
See if this (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3528&highlight=xhost) thread helps you at all. Ignore the arguing in it, you'll have to scroll down a bit :-)

Cos
09-16-2003, 10:57 AM
You know I don't think that is is an issue with it being able to connect to the X server. I did the Xhost + localhost and that worked (NOT in SU mode) the display $ seems to be correct and I get no error message saying that anything is wrong it just runs like a background program with no window.
Could it be that I used qt 3.2.1 instead of 3.1.1 and that I compiled it with gcc 3.3 and g++ 3.3 ? and it is just not happy about all that ?

Cos
09-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Well after compiling with gcc and g++ 3.2 it all seems to work
I recompiled both qt and seq and all is well so perhaps it is not advisable to use gcc-3.3 g++-3.3 because that is the only thing i changed and it works great! Thank you all for your ideas tho..