PDA

View Full Version : Text size with Showeq

Propappr
09-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I have searched, but was unable to find an answer. I know very little about linux however I have been able to get showeq up and running on several different computers over the course of the last 18 months with the aid of these wonderful forums. As can been seen i have posted very few times, I do try and search before posting because in general I have had little problems finding answers to my questions.

That being said, I am having a problem on my most recent install. I wanted to put showeq on an old 333mhz PII laptop, did an install of Mandrake 9.1. Everything went fine, was able to pick and chose the right items to install. Took some time to compile though, but it did and everything went smoothly (or so I thought). When I run showeq it picks up the zone map, I see mobs (dots running around) but I cant read a damn thing. The text is so small that it looks like dots. Now this only happens in Showeq. The other apps on the machine everything displays correctly. The map within the eq window appears to be the correct size, its just the text size that appears to have shrunk.

Well, I am sure someone will find a post stating a fix however I can honestly say that I did search and had no luck in finding a cure. If anyone has any suggestions, or links to articles that I may be able to read inorder to correct this it would very much appreciated. At the present it is just a GPS tracker, I can clearly see myself however I just cant read any of the other information being gathered by the EQ machine.

Thanks all,

Propappr

Raventhalos
09-15-2003, 01:28 PM
/sigh

Have you tried Interface -> Font -> Application Default ?

Propappr
09-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Nope, but ill try it as soon as I get home. At work now. With me being somewhat new to linux it will take me some time to figure how to do what you said.

I have learned so much from trial and error all ready and I am continuing to learn more and more.

If not for showeq I would not know anything about linux. At the moment I am setting up file and print server under linux and who knows somewhere down the line I will use linux more and more. There really is a sence of accomplishment in succeeding at fixing these problems. A bit dissappointed that I was not able to figure this one out by myself. I want to try a gentoo install, but from what I have read its a bit to much for me at this time.

If anyone has any other suggestions please post as it will be sometime before I am able to try adjusting the display settings for showeq.

Thanks again,
Propappr

junk
09-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Not being used to linux will not hamper what Raventhalos suggested in the least - what he suggested needs to be done in the GUI. So if you can load showeq up, you can change your font size quite easily.

who_me_use_seq
09-16-2003, 07:56 AM
Or if it is just one window that you can't read, for instance the map window, just right click in that window and it will bring up a context menu. Go to Font in the context menu and pick your font and size. This one is really not a "learning Linux" thing. It is a stabbing blindly at the app until it does what you want thing.

Propappr
09-17-2003, 06:04 AM
Thanks all, what had happened was that I could not even read the top bar of the Showeq program. So what I did was look at my other showeq computer (all is fine with that one) and make notes as to the position of the interface buttons, font, etc.. I then changed them blindly, hehe and bam it is fixed (sort of). My font size for the eq program is 129, lol yes 129. And it is just the right size. My other showeq machine is set to 10. So I think there is something wrong but then again I am happy to be able to read the screen. Thanks for all the help.

Now if i can just figure out what distro to try and install on my ancient laptop with a p133 with 48 megs of ram and a 1.4 gig drive. hmm may have to start reading up Gentoo.

Propappr:D

junk
09-17-2003, 12:50 PM
If you admittedly know very little about linux, I'd suggest holding off on Gentoo for now. Once you learn a bit more, it'll be easy for you to change your OS down the road. On a machine like that, I couldn't really recommend using RedHat (which I think is the standard entry-level linux now) either unless you REALLY minimize what you install - it can take up a lot of space really quick if you don't pay attention. :)