PDA

View Full Version : Zone detection specifics

curio
09-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Its been mentioned over in the map thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3126&perpage=15&pagenumber=3), and =http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4005]this map thread but only in passing. Here's the details as I've been encountering them.

I'll zone in an LDON zone, and get skittles but no map. Checking the console output, i see that the zone name has been sorta detected.

Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unk_zone_1251279087.map'!
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unk_zone_1251279087.conf'.

Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/rujb_262.map'!
Can't find spawn point file /usr/local/share/showeq/rujb_262.sp
No Zone Specific filter file '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters_rujb_262.conf'.

The first part looks like it comes from zone manager, where the zone id. doesnt match and gets assigned "tmpStr.sprintf(unk_zone_%d",zoneId). Something somewhere else correctly manages to pull the "rujb" (in this example) from the info, but an extra _262 is appended to the name.

I've confirmed with some other folks that they're also getting _262, so it doesnt seem like its an "instance group id" like someone suggested.

cheese_poker
09-17-2003, 09:05 AM
I haven't had a chance top try, but will adding _262 fix the problem ?

fester
09-17-2003, 10:03 AM
It is likely 262 is the "instance" and will change for every adventure.

SeqTester
09-17-2003, 10:36 AM
I am not really a programmer, but isn't there a way to filter out the _NNN after the zone name?

curio
09-17-2003, 02:39 PM
_262 has held for me for 3 days of LDON adventures. So unless it means "level 65 adventure" (as opposed to "level 65 raid", or "level 40 adventure") it seems constant.

Changing the map and filter filenames (on disk) does work, but its obviously not the right solution.

the _262 doesnt appear on non LDON zones.

SeqTester
09-17-2003, 04:16 PM
I realize that. What I was thinking was more look for _262 or any _NN and ignore it while loading the map. I do not know of any valid zones that have _ then a number after it so should not mess anything up for old zones.

curio
09-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Wrote a band-aid patch

Strips the _262 (any _\d\+) from the zonename after it's partially identified in ZoneMgr::ZoneNew(). This lets the correct spawnpoints, filters and map auto-load.

Also added a change to FilterManager to look for one zone filter per dungeon theme. eg, instead of looking for filters_gukb.conf, it just looks for filters_guk.conf. That way you dont have to maintain 10 diff filter files (a-k) for each theme. I was using symlinks, but since i was in the code anyway..

[edit, sep22 3am pst: try and load normal filter first to avoid stripping filtername on poeartha/b.conf and such. ]

jesterbam
09-23-2003, 03:52 AM
Thanks Curio!

Tried it last night zoned into LDoN. SEQ didn't load the zone the instant I landed so I turned to my second computer to look at the maps to manually load and when I looked back thw correct map was loaded!

Thank you!

curio
09-23-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by jesterbam
Thanks Curio!
SEQ didn't load the zone the instant I landed so I turned to my second computer to look at the maps to manually load and when I looked back thw correct map was loaded!

Ya, the "correct" LDON zonename doesnt seem to get filled in til later in the zone cycle than non-LDON zones. After the "EQ EPOCH" console message, actually.

Oddly enough, using default seq, if you watch the console in non-LDON zones, you get one map/spawn/filter load immediately, then another map/filter load after the Player::backfill() message hits, then a filter load after the EPOCH. Works tho.

cheese_poker
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
I tried to apply this patch :

change to /seq/showeq/src
apply the patch
recompile

I still dont get LDoN maps loading. Any ideas?

SeqTester
09-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Hmm.. you sure you actually have the maps there?

This works great for me and did not work for a friend. Ended up his maps where named taka.map instead of Takaa.map.

cheese_poker
09-27-2003, 09:44 AM
Thanks SeqTester.

Capitalizing the names made at least one map load. I think I have some other naming issues, as my MM maps dont load, but I can fiddle with them. At least I know the patch "took" and is functioning now =)

Great work guys.