PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 9/9 offsets

bartendme
09-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Well I recently started using this program and WOW. Anyway, all was working fine until the 9/9 offsets. I cut and pasted just like normal and I get

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at myseq.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

In a pop up window. It gives me the option to continue or quit. If I continue it pops right back up, if I quit, it shuts down MyShowEq.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

bartendme
09-24-2003, 02:38 AM
I have installed and reinstalled about 6 times now. Same error every time. Very frustrating. Can anyone offer any advice? Willing to try anything. Thanks.

SchwannyT
09-25-2003, 01:07 PM
I had the same problem running the client and server on different win98 machines. When I removed the [Ground Spawn] section from my .ini file it works again. There is something in there that freaked my client out. Give it a try

bartendme
09-25-2003, 11:46 PM
at the very minimum, thanks for replying! Are you referring to the

[GroundItem Offsets]
NameOffset=44
XOffset=36
YOffset=40
ZOffset=32
SpawnIDOffset=384
NextOffset=4 ?

Remove the entire thing or just a portion?

bartendme
09-25-2003, 11:52 PM
and no dice :(

z26o
09-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Not sure if this will work but try renaming your filters.conf file (or moving it). Then try to start myseq without the filter file. I noticed this a few builds ago but it was fixed - for me at least. Anyway it won't take but a sec to try and you can always put it back if there was no change. By the way what OS are you using and are you on 2 computers or one? Does the server see the client when you press "Go"? Lastly since you said you had trouble after pasting the 9/9 offsets, maybe you can try to Download the ini file from here. (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3992) Who knows it could work! :)

GL
Z

bartendme
09-28-2003, 01:35 AM
using win98SE. Sorry, but im confortable with it hehe. As far as that file, I have tried that as well :( Only on one comp with the program though. I will try the other asap and see if that helps. Thanks for the response!