PDA

View Full Version : houston we have a problem

eViL_nEcRo_01
10-01-2003, 07:34 AM
i will be the first to admit i know nothing about linux.

when i tried to "./configure" seq im getting an error that says "please verify your QT devel install!"

i searched and found several posts with the same issue. i tried all the "export" commands i could find.

followed this posts instructions:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2788&highlight=noob

when i did the commands below it started crankin. went on for about 2 hours, but when i did the "gmake install" i got same "please verify your QT devel install!"
export QTDIR=/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1
./configure -thread --prefix=/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1
gmake
gmake install

i saw a post were someone had said they installed the workstation, someone said you need to do custom to get the QT.

so im gonna reinstall redhat9 when i get home from work. unless one you you linux wizards have something else you think i should try. :D

thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

flame away, but i searched for like 3 hours :confused:

monster69
10-01-2003, 07:57 AM
"please verify your QT devel install!"

This means you don't have the QT developement libraries installed. You may have QT installed, but to compile SEQ you will need the developement libraries as well. Redhat9 includes those on your disks and you should be able to find it easily through Redhats RPM package manager.

i saw a post were someone had said they installed the workstation, someone said you need to do custom to get the QT.

If you do a 'custom' install you can choose all the packages you will need (please see the FAQ and/or the INSTALL.newbies file)

If you do a 'full' or 'complete' install, most likely all the packages you will need will be installed by default.

Monster

eViL_nEcRo_01
10-02-2003, 11:21 AM
i reinstalled the redhat 9 last night and did custom. install was cakewalk after i actually had qt.

....taste the rainbow!