PDA

View Full Version : Merchant/Vendor items?

GanjaSeqUser
10-07-2003, 01:53 PM
Been a seq user/lurker for 3 years and finally got a question.. Done some searching and was only able to find a thread a year old.

Before the 14 release(i think) when they fixed the opcodes(yay) i was able to search out vendor items using the unknown packet info and a perl script. Since the opcodes are in obviously i can't get it this way anymore... But i still don't seem to be able to get vendor inventory to be spit out when i check vendors.

Is there something stupid i'm missing to get this spit out to stdout or am i going to have to poke around the code and find out where to spit it out from so i can run my script on it?

Thanx in advance.

Zaphod
10-07-2003, 04:10 PM
There is indeed something simple that you are missing... If you are looking for what I think you are looking for then see the CHANGES entry and my announcement post for 4.3.14 (dated 10/01/03):

+ Added menu items to enable/disable item logging (now disabled by default)

I believe going to "Network" -> "Log" -> "Item Packet Data" will enable what you are looking for (it wil create a file in LOGDIR "/itempackets.log").

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

GanjaSeqUser
10-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Ahh thanx Zaph, was searching to narrowly for merchant/vendor stuff not generic items... Thanx

Is there any way to determine which packet is coming from a vendor listing? I used to use the vendor open opcode and examine the ones under that.. but just rnning script on items.log i get all the stuff in bank etc everytime i zone.

ksmith
10-08-2003, 12:31 PM
There are two opcodes used when transmitting item data.

ItemCode (0x02c5) used for inventory and bank
ItemInfoCode (0x01fa) used for item links, vendor items, looted items, etc.

I haven't taken a close enough look to see what the flow of packets looks like when you open a merchant other than you get a bunch of ItemInfoCode packets back.

Zaphod
10-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ksmith
There are two opcodes used when transmitting item data.

ItemCode (0x02c5) used for inventory and bank
ItemInfoCode (0x01fa) used for item links, vendor items, looted items, etc.

I haven't taken a close enough look to see what the flow of packets looks like when you open a merchant other than you get a bunch of ItemInfoCode packets back.
Actually, ItemCode is used for:

ItemPacketViewLink = 0x00,
ItemPacketMerchant = 0x64,
ItemPacketLoot = 0x66,
ItemPacketTrade = 0x67,
ItemPacketCharInventory = 0x69,
ItemPacketSummonItem = 0x6a,
ItemPacketWorldContainer = 0x6b

And to answer GanjaSeqUser's question, if you look in the itempackets.log file you'll see that stuff off of a vendor will start with "Type(Merchant)". Note, the item data in that file will be exactly as it appeared in the packet (sub-items and all). Although the merchant packets seem to just be sent one item at a time.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

GanjaSeqUser
10-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Hey thanx for the replies Zaphod... Was just coming back to say i'd found it(what you mentioned) piping that to my script works perfectly now that i don' t have to parse all the other(non vendor) junk, was slowing stuff down and items.log didn't list the location on the vendor.

Again, thanx for the quick replies.