PDA

View Full Version : File Name Change

Elyon
10-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Just a heads up, they changed the name of the following files.

To: spells_us.txt

To: eqstr_us.txt

Adding this because of what was posted below:

The above was put here in the Developers Forum so the people that make the changes/corrections to ShowEQ would know to change it in the program. (as if I needed to tell them ... pfft) You will notice that it is also mentioned in the latest TarBall Release by Zaphod.

All the Spell Information, ie: Descriptions and Names, come from the 2 file's named above. ShowEQ used to use a file called Spells.h to get this information, but has now been changed to read the above named files. Anyone that was staying current on the latest releases of ShowEQ would know this. Anyway, these files are found in your Everquest Directory and are updated by Everquest. You need to copy them to your ShowEQ Directory, which by default is /usr/local/share/showeq on your Linux (or equivilant) Box.

I hope that this makes it easlier for those who were not up to speed on what these files are for. Again, they are used by ShowEQ, not MYSeq.

tigerknight
10-10-2003, 10:57 AM
The two files mentioned here are located in the install directory of everquest on the PC, and they should be copied over to /usr/local/share/showeq directly, right?

what about the offsets and .ini file that was mentioned - where does that fit in?

Freakyuno
10-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Tigerknight,

I am assuming that you use SEQ for linux and not MYSEQ.

The offsets and .ini file refered to in the news by Suziwon was for MYSEQ, not SEQ.

This is also the development forum, not the help desk, if your not sure what to do with these files, refer to:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4051

tigerknight
10-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Whoops! You're right - sorry about that, I've been pretty tunnel vision on ShowEQ since I first started using it so I didn't think to look at the forum tree path shown above when I found that offset post. Thanks :]

Freakyuno
10-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Anytime, I had to reread it a few times myself before checking the forum path cause it made no sense at all to me. :)