PDA

View Full Version : WineX / ShowEQ 4.3.16

Malketh
10-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Got a rather odd problem here. currently running the ShowEQ 4.3.16 tar.bz2 source from zaphod's site and ShowEQ picks up and works perfectly from EQ on Win*, yet it doesn't even see the packet stream coming from EQ when it's being run through winex. the only differences that I am seeing between the streams is that windows is sending from 2K port range at the moment, yet winex is sending from HIGH ports, in this instance 32734 and 32733 are what I've seen so far. As for settings I've tried letting showeq find it on its own and I've tried specifying the ip addresses AND even tried MAC addresses of the machines running EQ.

Cryonic
10-11-2003, 10:44 AM
This is a known issue with SEQ and Wine. But you would know that if you had searched.

Malketh
10-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Oh dear, I'm so sorry for not being perfect at searching. I searched alright, but I must not have used to right parameters. Pardon me. I figured it couldn't hurt to post anyway.

Dedpoet
10-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Was one of the things you searched for, "winex"?

Try this (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3584&highlight=winex).

fester
10-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Malketh
Oh dear, I'm so sorry for not being perfect at searching. I searched alright, but I must not have used to right parameters. Pardon me. I figured it couldn't hurt to post anyway.

Translation:

Oh, My, I got caught, let me tell a wittle white wie, so I don't look so bad.

Malketh
10-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Ah I see. Thank you for supplying the correct search term, Dedpoet. For some insane reason it seems I searched for 'wine' which brings up a surprisingly different list of results, which indicated that most questions asked were of the 2.x series and nothing real current, HENCE my asking here.

Now, let's see if we can fix this thing and get on with life. :)