PDA

View Full Version : StdOut and HP/Mana

fox
10-11-2003, 05:31 PM
It used to be, many moons ago, that if you had the player stats window displaying HitPoints and Mana, and had the Use Stdout option on, you would see updates and total in stdout whenever you gained/lost hitpoints and after a spell cast/ interrupt for mana updates. ( as per this thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1899&highlight=stdout+hp+mana) I did verify the player stats window is enabled and visible, and that hp and mana display in this window are active. :) )

I went looking for this today and did not see it being displayed. After making sure I had options set as they used to be, I looked around thru interface.cpp and couldn't find the old lines I remember being there. I recall having found them once before to make mana updates blue on the terminal; HP updates were already red.

I'm wondering if anyone else has missed these? Hopefully I merely overlooked them in the code, perhaps someone else can verify this.[

UnGod
10-12-2003, 05:10 PM
statlist.cpp line #143 // HP changed display
statlist.cpp line #180 // Mana changed display

Code is still there.

Why it doesn't work I'm not sure, nor do I have time to look into it at the moment :(

Damned RL stuff cutting into my programmin and EQ time ;)

UnGod/Belith

Cryonic
10-12-2003, 05:33 PM
If I had to guess, it seems that SEQ of late hasn't shown hp/mana changes for anyone (mobs or PCs).

Freakyuno
10-12-2003, 05:37 PM
I actually had a short issue where the Stdout wasnt working for me either. No HP / Mana was showing up, and neither were spells in the spell window. Not sure if it was just a fluke that got this working, but here is what I did.

Started SEQ
Selected Stdout option
Saved Preferences
Started SEQ again
Started EQ
Got to Char screen
Waited for new guildsfile to be written (I always do this)
Selected Char and booted into EQ.

Everything seemed to be working after that. Like I said, your experience with this may vary. Could have been just a fluke.

Edit:
Cyronic is correct for mob HP. About a year ago they changed the way HP were reported to the client, product was a very less readable status for NPC's, Group members, Mobs...ect

fox
10-12-2003, 07:13 PM
So Stdout is showing hp/mana for yourself, Freakyuno? Okay, so long as it's working for some, I'd wager it's more a local issue then.

fox
10-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Started playing around some, it would seem that the manaChanged() function is being called during zoning, but not otherwise. It will print out at that point but not otherwise. Hrm.

fox
10-13-2003, 07:04 AM
Tracked down to an opcode change. Gasp, shock, awe, etc.

0x00ba is the current ManaDecrementCode (as named in opcodes.h).

I'm guessing HP is probably the same sort of deal but it's going to take a little more looking before I spot it.

Freakyuno
10-13-2003, 09:20 AM
HP update if I remember correctly is 022b. Might be remembering the wrong opcode though.

And yes, its working for myself only, not other players, or mobs.

UnGod
10-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Little fliddlin and seems to work like a charm:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=824478&group_id=10131&atid=310131

This patch fixes the HP Changed messages so they
actually show.
(patched with: diff -ur showeq.cvs showeq)

Sticking with most of my patches style, this also has a
compile time error fixed ;)
(namely in itemDB.cpp a possibly unitialized variable)

Belith/UnGoD

Zaphod
10-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by UnGod
Little fliddlin and seems to work like a charm:

Figured I'd post this question here as well as in tracker since almost none of the people who patch seem to like to check their patches after submission.

Why did you make HP into an int16_t from a uint16_t? Are you actually seeing negative values (or just the 65535 one)?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)